Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 03:32
Are there any mods out there that work just like efx mod?

Fetures:

Water,
Bloom,
that stuff.

Thanks,
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 03:41
No.

S4Mod had water installed at one point, but s4real removed it shortly afterward.

If you're desperate for water and bloom, get FPSC X10.

The one and only,

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 03:48
Xtasty mod

Till Thy Migration Come...
http://pretzelgames.webs.com/pretzel%20games%20tgc%20forum.jpg
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 04:09
S4 made a version that has water in it. you'll have to dig for it though...

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 05:39 Edited at: 8th Feb 2009 05:42
Mods with water: EFX Mod (unavailible until next update), a certain version of S4mod

Mods with bloom: EFX Mod, X-tasy (ENB)

FPS Creator X10 has bloom and water built in, and you can do a forum search for the others. Good luck!

*This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds.*
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 13:40
S4Mod's water doesn't reflect though, he didn't add it in, since it killed the performance...

It has colour and refraction though...

X-Tasy will kill framerate on all but the best PCs, be warned...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week
Water in fpsc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 15:01
what is X-tasty mod's official website
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
You can the water mod from the official s4mod thread if you want to try it out.

Best s4real

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 20:31
Please, for the love of Games, don't bring up Xtasy Mod. There's been too much speculation to recommend it to anyone.

It doesn't have an official website. The "official" site that it came from was not for FPSC, someone just grabbed another Mod and prepped it to be used in FPSC. They posted it up here, feelings got hurt, big mess.... don't use it.

But since I know how people act here, I know you're still wondering how nice it'd be, so I'll lay it out for you:
1) There's no water. There's only "Bloom" and "Motion Blur"... and some other effects that never seemed to work right.
2) The Bloom makes EVERYTHING bloomy. This includes your HUD overlay and even debug text at the bottom. (Not cool)
3) The Motion Blur only seems to react to mouse movement. Running really fast didn't seem to trigger it, nor did crouching or falling. It was also blurred in a very low-grade fashion, nothing realistic about it at all. Just like Bloom, this also effected everything on screen, including your HUD overlay. Not cool.
4) I have a monster computer. I put the Mod on in a map running at 286 fps (uncapped it for testing), but as soon as I turned the Mod on the framerate dropped to around 16 fps. Not cool.
5) Even if it did work perfectly, this Mod is not like the other Mods, it must be ACTIVATED, meaning your built game will NOT have it in there unless the person playing presses F12........ Not cool.

There you have it. 5 good reasons not to use Xtasy Mod. Look, this is an external DLL hack that's commonly used to implement cool stuff into commercial games that you don't have the source code to. It's a horrid way to put effects into a game if you're DEVELOPING one. All in all, it's just a cheap hack, don't waste your time on it. Grab a programmer from somewhere, they're a dime a dozen, and pay them to make a REAL Mod for you.

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 01:12:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 01:12:22