Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / RPG Speech Boxes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 12:04
Are there any scripts around ?
I am going to make a RPG game and I wanted to give the player multiple choices on what to say to a character. Example: Fallout 3, Oblivion etc
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 13:12
It should be possible considering we have variables and all. How one would go about doing it is a whole other question though, and I'd be very interested to see if anyone has come up with such a system as well.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 16:19
its very easy,some small scripting and it should be done in no time,simply show three huds,if you press 1 on keyboard it selects the first one,increases globalvar=1 for 1 variable and shows the next hud,for the second it would be increasing globalvar=2 for 1 and if varequal=1 then show next state

A.K.A. djmaster
Gamers Gear
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 16:22
Oh and for the record, it's called a "dialogue tree",just so you know.
Avid
Years of Service
User Offline
of course, making an RPG game is fpsc would be a nightmare, on account that each bit of dialog would require its own separate image file. This would obvious increase the size of the game massively. If anything, the game needs to have a proper text system implemented.

Visit my site http://www.fpsmodels.com for models and media for fps creator.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 13:08
well the pictures wouldnt be so big if they were jpg but then you dont have transparency or alpha maps

A.K.A. djmaster

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 01:27:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 01:27:49