Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / LightPlugins for DarkGDK.NET

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 21:20
Hi everyone, sorry for this might be a re-post but the old one is on page 9 of DarkGDK forums.

For those that may not know about them, I released 3 plugins to use along with DarkGDK.NET:

Quote: "LightInput - Adds support for Microsoft's XBox 360 Controllers by using the XInput driver.

LightPackage - Adds a PAK Like functionality to DarkGDK.NET. It comes with the plugin and tools to pack/unpack your media files to a big Package. Note that this plugin uses a a package description I have developed, it is not compatible with other PAK formats.

LightText - Previous known as LightTextDX, this plugin was re-designed and supports the creation of various AdvancedText objects to write to the screen, each with its own font and color, anti-aliased text and faster renderer, along with other functionalities."

For those using them for the first time, it would be really nice to hear back from you. I hope everybody enjoys them!

Happy coding!

-Thiago Bessa

[center][center]
RanQor
Years of Service
User Offline
Very cool! I was just wondering how I'd get my PC xbox controller to work.

Does the Pak'er allow you to set your own encryption salt?
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 22:51
Hi RanQor,

It does have a password protection, so without it a person cannot open your package with LightPackage tools.

For now it doesn't have encription of the files, but I'm not using any documented methods for packaging the files together, and although it does use GZip compression, you will not be able to just try to open the file with Winzip or anything like it. The password itself is encrypted in the package.

If I get to make a version 2.0 of this plugin, then it will have full encryption support.

[center][center]
Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 11:51
@kB - Not if.... when

Niels Henriksen
www.tales-of-the-realms.com
if Microsoft can sell software with bugs, so can I.
Geniass
Years of Service
User Offline
From where can i get the LightInput plugin?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:44:01
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:44:01