Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / what do i do with scripts?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I can see lots of scripts, but what am i meant to do with them, i know how to make them into usable .FPI files, but i have no idea where i put the scripts to make them work.

Please help

P.S: I am only an amateur scripter so please try to avoid the flaming, i dont get all the tech talk

Im The Thing, That Killed The Thing, That Killed The Dinosaurs
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 12:53
Ok, scripts are files that allow you to customise most aspects of your game. Everything from the Menus to characters are controlled by scripts. Check out the script board for resources and tutorials etc... but you put scripts you want to use in the scriptbank (C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\Scriptbank), then, for example, if you wanted to change the script which controls a character you would right click on the object in the FPSC editor and a list of properties will appear. For characters you have 4 scripts that can be used, one "Start" which controls how the entity will appear, the second "Main", which controls how the character will react in certain circumstances, the third "Destroy" which controls what will happen when the character dies and the fourth "Shoot".

You should read the FPSC manual before using FPSC, it will explain far better than i will, and also another source. The community guide:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131868&b=21

Also use the search box down at the bottom of the page, most of the time you will find someone else has asked the same question before and got an answer, not that the users here dont want to help but it will save your time because you wont have to wait for a reply and when you are asking very basic questions such as this some members may flame.

Hope it helps

Wizzkid

FireBASIC - The Heart of Great Programming - http://firebasic.ablazegaming.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 01:23:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 01:23:44