Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / outputing strings on same line to file?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I realy need some help here:

I have an array with 128 elements. Each holds a string of length 128.

I need to write each element to a .txt file as one large string on one line without a carrige return. How do I do this since the max string lenght is 255 when I need something of 16384 length?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2002 17:12
i'm not sure why you'd need something 16,384 characters long on a single page since even larger resolutions can't do that many visiablly for someone to read.
And a function or code that long would just slow down a program due to its size!

that aside, i'll need to know how you require this actually setup - in otherwords what kinda data is needed to be used ...
because you could export ->
write string 1,string1$+string2$+string3$
however, this may cut out at 256 strings added ...
it will also take ALOT of time for the program to buffer values likes that!

what i'd do is setup something to proof a line continuation, however starting a new string!
or ya know alternatively you can runtime the whole set of strings as single bytes ... then its a case of returning them, its all one string just all in a charactrer per byte

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:43:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:43:33