Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Pure .NET based plugin possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The title says it all. The documentation on making plugins is pretty much non-existent as far as I can tell. There is a MSVC++ project using DGDK, and some .NET projects that use it and that seems to be about it.

Is there a way to make a plugin using .NET only or is DDGDK and MSVC++ the only way? If it is possible with .NET alone, how is that managed?

On a similar note, is there .NET version of the DBOData?

Design documents?!? What design documents??? I thought we were just going to wing it!!!
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2009 00:20
For now there's no DBOData for .NET.

Yes, it is possible! All my plugins are pure C# code, I just had to use SlimDX. You may also use Managed DirectX 9, but it has been deprecated in favor of XNA (no, you cannot mix DGDK.NET + XNA).

[center][center]
MoomanFL
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks ofr the info kBessa!

Could you maybe attach an example .Net based plugin so I can see the setup? Also, how are plugins used in .NET? As I said, there is no real documentation explaining how this works in DGDK.NET.

Design documents?!? What design documents??? I thought we were just going to wing it!!!
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 05:27 Edited at: 14th Feb 2009 05:28
Hi Mooman,

Sorry for the lack of info on my last post, I'm very busy with my new job right now. I'll be working this saturday's morning but I'll try to put up some tutorial about making plugins to .NET using pure .NET code (C# first, then VB.NET).

I'm using a custom compiled version of SlimDX right now, that only requires Direct3D v35 (The same september 2005 version that DarkGDK requires). I've have removed everything that didn't exist at this version (like XAudio2 and some other new functionalities). I think this is important because your plugins should not require a higher version thant DarkGDK (unless you really need something newer).

[center][center]
MoomanFL
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'll try to put up some tutorial about making plugins to .NET using pure .NET code (C# first, then VB.NET). "

No worries. I am versed in both languages. If you put up one I can translate it to the other with little difficulty.

Quote: "I'm using a custom compiled version of SlimDX right now, that only requires Direct3D v35 (The same september 2005 version that DarkGDK requires)."

Any chance you might supply this version of SlimDX as well? I have been using Managed DirectX 9 so far, but wouldn't mind trying out SlimDX as well. Smaller is always better so your culling of the code for it would be beneficial.

kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 04:58
Hi Mooman, I just got your e-mail but I think it is just better to answer here.

I didn't forget about this, I really didn't have the time. I'm actually working for Nokia Institute of Technology, and I just got in 2 weeks ago to help finish coding some software that should be done... TODAY! Hehehe, you can imagine I had a lot of work to do, including last weekend! (but we did it)

I just forgot to tell you that you could only download my Text or XInput plugin as SlimDX was there (the modified version), but I'm uploading it now, just in case someone prefers to download it here.

I'll have some rest this weekend and next tuesday and wednesday. I will try to make some sample plugin now and write a small tutorial tomorrow (I'm just feeling asleep).

Best regards,
Thiago

[center][center]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MoomanFL
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!! I am sure that SlimDX version will come in real handy, as will the plugin example.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 19:57:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 19:57:25