Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Hex strategy game on DB?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I'm obviously new here, couple of questions if I may...

I was wondering how apropriate dark basic (or pro) would be for creating 2d hex strategy game in civilization or colonization style? Has it tools good enough for complex statistical number crunching, high resolution complex interface, map editors and alike?

First, I have seen some of 2d games created but I'm affraid that they are more action like, I can't remember seing any strategy/RPG/tactical DB game. There ARE games like that in DB, right?

Few example 2d games that I have seen are, well just plain ugly I'm affraid. If graphic presentation can't be atleast as good as civilization 2 or in HOMM 3 then I'm affraid that whole thing has no point.

So..?
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 04:51
I'm working on a strategy game right now in DBPro:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142470&b=8

It's obviously not complete yet, but I believe DBP is capable of handling all the data needed for it.

One thing to note is that DBP's 2D capabilities do not nearly match its capabilities in 3D. Even if you're going to make a 2-dimensional game, you want to use DBP's 3D commands.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:14:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:14:02