Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Epilogue [romantic / classical orchestra]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2009 14:06
Well, what can I say... I haven't posted very much around here lately (due to an annoying pile of things in need of attention and too little time; the usual).

Anyway, I came up with the idea for this small track a few days ago and have been writing it down and arranged it since then. I put some extra efforts into the mixing of this one (or at least, so I want to tell myself, since I still don't know too much about the mixing department); you might notice this in ie. the cello or the less harch blending of the woodwinds.

I must say that I'm quite fond of the french oboe; this is the first time I've used it in a song of my own and I think it turned out quite ok

Some critics and opinions on this would be very much appreciated; you are also allowed to use this song in your games, should you want to. Just give credit where it is due (to J. "Rudolpho" Sjöqvist) and please drop me a line if you are going to make use of it.

Download Epilogue (high speed download).

"We know some things about poodles, for example that they are alive, they can bark, they eat meat..."
- Extract from Objects first with Java.
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
It's a very nice song, good composing

in Austrlia, there is a really red sun, u got a red sun in sky too?
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2009 23:54
Hmmm, that sucked more than I was afraid of.
It sucked my mind into its abyss of awesomeness.

Good job.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 11:45
Thanks guys

Heh, it's pretty funny that we are apparently all from the north (Iceland, Norway and Sweden) and registered the exact same week a few years back

Maybe I'll have to try out a more upbeat, less melancholic hero type theme next time though.

da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 03:48 Edited at: 15th Feb 2009 03:52
Very nice composing The mixing of this track is pretty incredible also, but I did hear a small bit of distortion between notes in the early parts of the song whenever the cello changed notes. It is barely noticable though, so it isn't too big of an issue

Its awesome though, better than what I can do Do I hear some inspiration from Johann Pachelbel?

http://Freewebs.com/noobisoft
Come to Noobisoft's website today!
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 15:28
Quote: "Heh, it's pretty funny that we are apparently all from the north (Iceland, Norway and Sweden) and registered the exact same week a few years back."

Haha, I hadn't really noticed that. Interesting, maybe we were summoned by thor to the overseers of the coming music board.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey,

Reminds me a bit of Pachebel's cannon...nice realization.

Dan

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 23:28
@Grandma: Ah, of course. I feel embarassed that I didn't make that out by myself.

@da power pwnerer: Pah, you listen too closely...
Well, the thing is that my cello patch has the nasty habit of having its velocity controlled not only through the modwheel, but also by the attack velocity. Sad as it is some times, Sibelius randomizes these in order to simulate live playing (which it by all means does pretty realistically) and there is no way to override that, so that causes problems with such patches :/
Also perhaps some of the tubular bell hits could have been a tad mellower, but yeah... as said, I'm no mixing expert (yet ).

About that Canon, I didn't really think about it, but I agree that the first bars are very reminicent of it. In my defence, the chord progression used is common to nearly half of all adagio movements I've ever heard, so that was intended. The unfortunate plagiatizing of the alto violin was pretty much unintended. But maybe I did it subconciously, who knows...

Anyhow, thanks for the appreciation

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:29:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:29:33