Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problem with exported level

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 23:31
Hey! I'm knew to C++ but I'm learning, and I want to load a level I made and exported with 3D World Studio. I exported it as a .dbo. And then in my code I put:

And I went and clicked debug. When the screen popped up the level was loaded but the textures and lighting wasn't. I also tried exporting it as a Direct-X file but that didn't work. I have all the files that i exported with my code but it's not loading. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 03:13
I fixed the problem! The problem was that i was using the default textures in 3D World Studio but they were .nfs files and aren't supported with Dark GDK. So when i used a .jpg file it worked perfectly

P.S. Sorry if there is a double post rule. I looked around and i couldn't find any rules, so if there is a rule please let me know. Thanks!
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 07:40
You set the lighting to 0, which is off. I don't think DBO saves texture information, either, so you have to load that yourself too.
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 18:39
Nah i fixed it. I did turn the lighting off so i could use the 3D World Studio built in lighting but, the problem was that i was using the 3D World Studio's default textures. But those textures are in .nfs format and aren't supported by Dark GDK. So the textures never loaded. But when i added my own .bmp textures it loaded fine. Also the .dbo does save texture information, at least it does when i export from 3D World Studio. I can't say the same for other programs though. Thanks anyway!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 17:22:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 17:22:40