Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Video clip lag

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 17:39
Not sure if there's a fix for this, but I'm curious.

When you set a storyzone to play a video, it does work. But once you step into the zone, the game freezes for a second to load the video. Is there any way to possibly pre-load the video at the beginning so that there is no lag, and the video plays instantly?

Thanks in advance.

*This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds.*
dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 22:15 Edited at: 16th Feb 2009 02:13
Okay, let me reword this. Do any particular video codecs load faster than uncompressed AVI? I really hate this one second load time for the videos.

If you could even tell me that it's not possible, that'd be fine too. Just don't leave me hanging.

outlaw241
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 07:30
Quote: "Is there any way to possibly pre-load the video at the beginning so that there is no lag, and the video plays instantly?
"

you mean lag earlier?
or slow down the loading time even more?

un-banned. ADD ME ON
XBOX LIVE!
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey dumpus, Mpeg2 is a good solution. I have topics on here somewhere...
The main problem is the required codecs, some people have them and some don't.

I am not sure about the rights to deistribute codecs with a game package etc I never looked into it. However you could offer links maybe.
I've been using Adobe Premiere since LE version in '94 and there is other ways to reduce the data when rendered though.
I would like to see cutscenes compiled into the level data without sourcing the file when needed, not sure if its possible.

I also noticed another thread somewhere on here about cutscenes.
All I can suggest, good frame rate and quality without needing to use fraps a lot of gfx cards have s-video output.
I could explain more otherwise this response is going to be way too long.
Good luck.
dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 18:32
Thanks for the response, deca! I'll try exporting (or converting to) Mpeg2. The codec thing shouldn't be too big of an issue, I can probably just give a link to it if I can't include it in the installer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 03:22:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 03:22:17