Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Simple platformer sprite-scrolling

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
'Sup guys.

I'm currently in the process of working on a platformer game, and have chosen darkbasic as my language.

Now it's been a long time since I've used DB - and I'm searching the help files and I can't see a single way that you can translate a sprite by a certain amount without rotating it! I've found the offset sprite command, but that doesn't change the sprite's original coordinates, which is ultimately useless.

The point of this is to get a scrolling background, and I'm finding that part fairly tricky. The plan is, in the end, to have multiple over-laying backgrounds that move across at different speeds to make it appear as though it's 3D (anybody played Little fighter 2?), but which also scroll indefinitely (a repeated background) and I'm not sure how to go about achieving this.

Any help, guys? Thanks very much.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 14:34:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 14:34:16