Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Trouble uninstalling Model Pack 8 Egypt Bonus Pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
It goes through the uninstall but it doesn't really uninstall. Tried to install over it and it offered the "Remove, Repair and Modify" options. It did not install using any of those.

How does one uninstall Model Pack 8 Egypt Bonus Pack?

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 10:11
Delete it.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce the combined size to 600x120 maximum size
baggins
Years of Service
User Offline
The install for the model packs just places segments/entities etc in the relevant folder under files in the fpsc main program folder.
frinstance go to tgc folder, then fps creator folder, then files folder, then entities or segments or meshbank etc. There should be folders marked Model Pack 8 or something like that. You can delete these folders (the ones related to model pack eight) and they will not appear in the game editor library.

there just has to be light at the end of the tunnel, even if its only a birthday candle....and cake!
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 16:46
Make sure you're running the installer as an administrator (if you have Vista and the dreaded UAC)

[center]
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 20:38 Edited at: 18th Feb 2009 01:13
I have reinstalled FPSC from scratch.

I uninstalled everything having to do with FPSC. However when I tried to

uninstall Model pack 8 it would still be in my add remove programs.

I then went to the registry and deleted all reference to FPSC. "Model Pack 8 - Egypt - Bonus" would still be in my add remove programs.

I then deleted the "The Game Creators" folder from my HD.

At this point I should have nothing installed having to do with FPSC.

I restarted my laptop.

"Model Pack 8 - Egypt - Bonus" would still be in my add remove programs.

I reinstalled FPSC and all model packs 8, 11, 17, 18 and sprite pack 1.

The "Model Pack 8 - Egypt - Bonus" seemed to install but it did not.

I then uninstalled everything having to do with FPSC but as before "Model Pack 8 - Egypt - Bonus" would remain in my add remove programs.

I downloaded fresh downloads of FPSC, Model Packs and Sprite Pack 1.

I ran my registry cleaner.

Restarted laptop again.

"Model Pack 8 - Egypt - Bonus" was no longer in my add remove programs.

Installed FPSCV1, Update 1.15 and "Model Pack 8 - Egypt - Bonus" and it offered the options to "Modify", "Repair" or "Remove" for "Model Pack 8 - Egypt - Bonus".

I then uninstalled everything having to do with FPSC and deleted the "The

Game Creators" folder from my HD.

Emptied the "Recycle Bin".

Reinstalled FPSC from scratch, again.

Installed update 1.15.

Installed "Model Pack 8 - Egypt - Bonus" and it offered the options to "Modify", "Repair" or "Remove" for "Model Pack 8 - Egypt - Bonus".

How can it be that my laptop would act like "Model Pack 8 - Egypt - Bonus" is installed even though it is not?

Seemingly all registry entries have been removed and it is a fresh install of FPSC after the "The Game Creators" folder was deleted from my HD.

All other programs and applications on my laptop run very well. I am a fanatic about rutine maintainence. I run programs to get rid of adware, spyware and viruses. I also defrag my HD and scan and defrag my registry on a regular basis.

Laptop specs:
Operating System = Windows XP Pro (Service Pack 3)
IBM thinkPad 2652-J3U
Intel Pentium 4
CPU = 1.60GHz
RAM = 1GIG
Video = ATI Mobility Radeon 7500
Audio = SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
DirectX = Most current

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
@baggins: Getting rid of the model pack is the not the issue in its self. I cannot get it to reinstall after I have removed it.

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 16:23
incense

Sorry, I have only just come across this post today.

Have you been using the very latest MP8-Bonus installer for install and un-installing of the Pack? - I ask because the installers for both Model Pack 8 'V2' and the bonus Pack where changed to standard installers a while back (year and a half ago).

Note- I am using Windows XP
I have just downloaded the MP8-Bonus Pack from my 'Order History' in my Profile and installed it without any problems. I then uninstalled it through the windows 'ADD-REMOVE' feature in settings also without any problems.

As mentioned before, remember to delete any 'Bonus Pack' folders that remain in the FPSC 'files' directory (segmentbank, entitybank) after the un-install.
Any '.DBO and .BIN' files generated by FPSC will remain after the un-install and will have to be removed manualy by you using the method mentioned above before re-installing the same Pack.

This is all I can think of at the moment but please let me know how you get on with this.

All the best of luck.

Cheers

Ross
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
As I mentioned before. I uninstalled FPSC completely. Then I deleted the entire "The Game Creators" Folder from my HD. Then I got rid of all the registry entries that were left that had anything to do with FPSC, model packs....absolutely everything.

When I get to the part where I install "Model Pack 8 - Egypt - Bonus" it offers the options to "Modify", "Repair" or "Remove". No matter what option I choose "Model Pack 8 - Egypt - Bonus" just will not reinstall.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 12:01
The uninstall information you are looking for in the Registry can be located at LOCAL MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

You will find a whole host of application GUID folders and a product specified inside each one. Locate the FPSC model pack you wish to remove by reading the product details in each one. When you find the model pack GUID, delete the whole GUID folder. Now manually delete the files from your computer. You should then be able to install the model pack afresh.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 16:01 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2009 16:02
At the current time I have only FPSCV1 and the 115 patch installed. I found the only folder in the registry (Located at "LOCAL MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall") that refered to FPSC anything and deleted it.

I then tried to install "Model Pack 8 - Egypt - Bonus" it offers the options to "Modify", "Repair" or "Remove". No matter what option I choose "Model Pack 8 - Egypt - Bonus" just will not reinstall.

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 00:32
incense

This might be a long shot but have you updated your 'direct X' before you have installed anything,if not I would do so,it's best that this must be updated before the install of FPSC or any Packs.
This might help?

This is the 'full' version (not the 'free') of FPSC that you are installing? - I ask because you will need the full version of FPSC to use any Model Pack 8 related product.

This is all I can think of right now.

All the best of luck.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
View User Profile - incense
Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have the full version and have had since I joined the forums.

In this thread I stated my machine specs as follows:

Laptop specs:
Operating System = Windows XP Pro (Service Pack 3)
IBM thinkPad 2652-J3U
Intel Pentium 4
CPU = 1.60GHz
RAM = 1GIG
Video = ATI Mobility Radeon 7500
Audio = SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
DirectX = Most current

Please understand that as I said before, the model pack was installed once before and worked fine. I had to reinstall FPSC to fix another issue. When I tried to install the model pack again I had and still have a new issue.

I ask that those who would respond, please read the entire thread before posting. It would just save a lot of retyping the things that I have said before. Thanks a bunch

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 09:51
incense

Woops, sorry mate I had overlooked that bit.

I can't think of any other reason for this problem at the moment but I will get back to you if Ithink of anything.

Sorry again and good luck.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for all the responses. I am really hoping that something works so I don't have to reformat my HD just to install this model pack.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2009 15:43
Searching for keywords for FPS and FPSC is good, but sometimes does not yield all instances of the installation items. I delved a little deeper for you and follow these steps:

1. Find a good reg cleaner and install it
2. Search for and remove GUID '35F860D7-5281-4970-A189-1E55C2F4CA8F'
3. Try installing the model pack again

The only other alternative is to install the model pack on another machine (and direct it to an altered destination path and then copy the files to a CD or memory stick, then use those files in a manually copy to your main machine). Let us know how you get on.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Lee

That worked great!

Just a note: Would it be possible to modify the model pack so this does not happen to anyone else? The last install was when I bought it. If there have been changes since then that prevent this that is great.

Thanks Again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 03:21:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 03:21:59