Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Tutorial breakable floors

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 16:58
For some reason it would seem that a thread has been deleted because it wanted to do some along the lines of a Half-life remake or some thing.

Well I didn't make the tutorial for nothing

Still a little rough around the edges but I will fix it a bit later.

The are other ways of making breakable floor but this gives you the best result.

Dynamic entities and enemy entities don’t mix to well if you use them as floor entities, enemy entities will not follow across dynamic floor entities nor will they work if placed directly onto a dynamic floor entity. So this option does have limited effects at best however you can make it work in various ways not just like the one you have in mind

To give you some background first so that you completely understand the process of what has to be done lets look at the window segment.

You should know the window segment contains a static segment as well as a dynamic entity if you shoot the window is breaks into little pieces. There is some animation involved with breaking the window some people hearing the word animation runs away screaming like a little girl who just got kissed by a boy with a strange sickness.

So this is what you have to do to have a working segment with a dynamic part that will allow you to add any script you want to it and thus create the ultimate trickery in your game.

First of make a floor section wooden planks or whatever you like the trick is that the floor sections will not all be the same so you will have part_1 segment and part_2 segment ect to really blend the new segment into your game level.

Part_1 segments will be completely static it will have the part where the floor ends and the area where the wooden planks start so in other words split in half.

The Part_2 segments will continue where segment one left off and continue however the first half of the segment will still be static and the second half a dynamic entity and the Part_3 segment will be completely dynamic.

How to go about it quickly is easy and you can’t go wrong just follow the following quick steps and you done.

Step one create your Part_1 segment apply textures and import

Step 2 create Part_2 segment however the first half of the segment has to be treated as the Part_1 segment as a normal static floor segment.

Step 3 the second half of the Part_2 segment is an entity so it has to be treated as such and has to be exported separately from the other half of the Part_2 segment.

Step 4 import the dynamic part of the Part_2 segment into something like milkshape and use the option to explode the entity play around with the option till you get the desired animation you seek.

*NOTE* make sure the entities are already texture mapped as exporting them after the animation has been done to the *.*.X file some software doesn’t retain animation.

Step5 create your dynamic Part_3 segment and do the same as with step 4.

Step 6 Import the static segments with FPSC segment creator and the dynamic parts FPSC entity creator otherwise it will NOT work.

*NOTE*
With FPSC entity creator check out the tutorial that comes with software that will explain how to work with dynamic entities with animation assigned to them.

Remember when using FPSC segment creator to import dynamic entities from the correct tab if the correct tab is chosen it will ask you to import the FPE file of the entity not the mesh.

Press the animation tab to make sure that the animation displays correctly

YOUR DONE !!!

Any questions can be directed here or to

fpscguide@webmail.co.za

If time allows I might make the segments if any ones wants some thing like this.

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
wizard of id, You did a AWESOME Job on the Tutorial breakable floors! Thanks for the info. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Tanya
I will not tell you that no
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 22:18
I don't give a .

Proud author of LeonGames. (www.leongames.weebly.com)
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 22:33
I will not tell you that no, you've been slapped twice and yet you're still posting rubbish whilst being slapped. You're now banned for 1 week. Do it again after coming back and you'll be banned permanently.

Sorry WoI.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 23:10
Great feature to make a tutorial about. Shame most of it went straight over my head. If you have time a video tutorial or some screenshots would be nice.

I got lost around here

Quote: "Step 2 create Part_2 segment however the first half of the segment has to be treated as the Part_1 segment as a normal static floor segment."

So you are saying part 1 is a static segment, part 2 being a dynamic entity and part 3 being fully dynamic. Whats the difference between part 2 being a dynamic entity and part 3 being 'fully' dynamic?

Sorry I only look at the pictures when reading books etc
NewxRT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 00:07
This so helps, i needed this for my game

www.newxrt.webs.com

You want a model, go to our forums and give us a pic and it will be made, FREE
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 07:45
@Nomad Soul

Yeah I get your point.I will see what I can do.

Like I said the tutorial might be a little rough around the edges I'll
fix it later today.

As the are one or two problems.

Pointless Assault video
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 07:45 Edited at: 19th Feb 2009 07:46
double post oops!!!

Pointless Assault video
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 09:17
Jesus, why do people like
Quote: "I will not tell you that no"
turn up on these forums? It's mainly them that are turning the community in to an unfriendly area.

The more crime is commited, the more we suspect crime..

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce the combined size to 600x120 maximum size
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 09:33
Could you make this into a video tutorial? or maybe just post screenshots to go with it.

This sounds like a really useful tutorial but I didn't quite get it...

AE

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 10:18 Edited at: 19th Feb 2009 10:18
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 10:28
Lol okay guys

I don't have the bandwidth needed for video tutorial so I will load some screenshots...

Pointless Assault video
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 10:29
If the video isn't too big I can host it for you.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 12:21 Edited at: 19th Feb 2009 12:31
@knxrb
My 3G connection ain't very kind towards big files

Well still busy working on a more complete tutorial.

Breakable floors for dummies !!! *joke*

In the mean time here is the segment to use ....just add water!!!

*note*
This is a non-animated version
As a side note no scripts have been assigned so you still have to add the trigger zone and playerinzone script or whatever script you want to use.

Don't forget you can also shoot the dynamic floor for that added puzzle to you level.

Another nice trick is to add trigger zones and have certain floors break this will really get the player thinking before moving onto the next floor area.

Pointless Assault video
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 15:34
The previous segment download has been removed as there was a small problem.It's fixed now!

As well as a second new segment added

Breakable glass floor.

Pointless Assault video

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 03:27:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 03:27:29