Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 3D Model and Collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 19:52
Hello

I loading a Map from 3D World Studio and using Colonel-X from the Tutorials as the Player.

The problems now are that when i collide with walls the character somehow stays glued on it, like i cant walk along the walls.

Then when i climb up a ramp it looks very odd and i dont know how to do its so it looks more fluent.

The last problem's with the Model. When You start the Application the Char seems to stand on the ground but a message tells me that im colliding with the environment. So i have to jump out a little to move otherwise im stucked inthere.
I dont get it why the Model is colliding with the level. I used dbSetObjectCollisionToPolygons.

Code is included with the example.
(It takes a bit time to load the Application cause of the map)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gatorules
Years of Service
User Offline
1. i would have to see the code to guarantee but i would bet that your problem is that you're stopping all movement when you touch a wall. only stop movement in the direction of the wall. if this isn't right seeing code would help.
2. need to see code or need better explanation of problem
3. i dont have too much experience with this but my guess is that the floor is part of the level and by standing on the floor you are colliding with the level. just a guess
Sakuya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 06:35
the code is in the rar file i included with the attachment
said so in the second last line.

And Yes the floor and the rest of the level is one big model.
So it would be better to separate those two?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 19:19:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 19:19:36