Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / for latch (python script for blender)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 04:26
sorry for the interpellation but can you please give me the things you cant do in blender for the export to work well because for some very strange reason the objects i make animate strangely heres a look
(can you use duplicate,put the face in the object center in edit mode and grow objects in animation mode (etc there are more))

ARM YOURSELF WITH KNOLEGE

Attachments

Login to view attachments
RYD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 04:32
Quote: "im using blender 2.48"

and for anyone passing by can you plz give me the modelling tool with animation youre using (if blender plz give me the way you export your files)

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 13:39 Edited at: 20th Feb 2009 13:46
@RYD
I'm still working on the blender export from time to time. The current version works better than the version you have, but it still has some glitches. I'm also not sure what you are asking.

Also check out
3dcanvas

Enjoy your day.
Code eater
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 18:48
I use GameSpace, but I'm probably going to move to Truespace. It's free and supposedly better than GameSpace.

I have only once had a problem with exporting from GameSpace, but that was because some of the settings to do with the mesh were wrong and because I didn't realise that DBC could not use Mesh Deformation animation.

Thanks,,,

Codeeater
RYD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 22:11 Edited at: 20th Feb 2009 23:47
i thought that truespace (which i have) , couldnt animate for dbc.thanks and what current version are you talking about latch
Quote: "The current version works better than the version you have"

and can anyone give me a tutorial for truespace

RYD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 03:48
can anyone export this to direct x format foe me please

Attachments

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 10:51 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2009 11:12
@RYD
Quote: "thanks and what current version are you talking about latch"

I've been working on an update to the Blender to DBC script that is in your .blend file you sent. That old one doesn't handle the parent child relationships correctly and there's some problems with the faces (polygons).

Quote: "can anyone export this to direct x format foe me please"

I almost got it to work but there are a few things that make the transition to direct x cleaner that you have to do in Blender.

1) BEFORE you link any parent child relationships, make sure that if you have rotated or scaled a mesh (a limb), that you right-click on that limb, and press CTRL+A. That applies the rotation and scale to the limb and sets up a frame transform matrix (the starting position of the limb). If you don't do this before linking parents and children or animating, when you export the model, the body parts will be all over the place and overlapping.

2) AFTER making sure you used CTRL+A on every limb, then link the children to the parent.

3) Once everything is linked and set, for the very first frame, make sure that you are in OBJECT mode. Press A to select all of the limbs (meshes). Then Press I to insert the first keyframe. Choose RotLocSize.

4) Then set the keyframes for the rest of your animation.

I had to delete your old animation because CTRL+A was not used on all of the limbs before it was animated and the directX export didn't look right. I'm attaching a modifed version of your model without animation except for setting the first frame. Use this model and add all of your animation and repost it and I will try my conversion script again.

Download attachment:

Enjoy your day.

Attachments

RYD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 22:29
thanks for your precious help

RYD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 23:08
here and just one thing do you have to press I every frame

Attachments

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Seems to have worked. Attached is your animated x file. I still need a little work on my exporter because it makes some faces disappear. When you load the model into DBC, for now use
SET OBJECT <object num>,1,1,0 - that will make the "missing" faces visible.

Quote: "here and just one thing do you have to press I every frame"

How did you make the original animation? It was pretty good.

The way to animate is to use the UP arrow or the RIGHT key to increase the frame number, select the limb you want to move, rotate it or position it or scale it how you want, then press I to insert the keyframe (record this pose for this limb).

Enjoy your day.

Attachments

RYD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 02:24
thanks a lot latch i can now continue without troubling this ost with my threads for a WHILE and if you want
Quote: "
How did you make the original animation? It was pretty good. "

i can make some animations foor you

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
If you use that x file and you use RoberttheRobot's lightning limbs free DBC animator, you could continue to animate it without having to use Blender.

Quote: " i can make some animations foor you"

I'll keep that in mind. Thank you.

Enjoy your day.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 01:59:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 01:59:09