Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Space Invaders - very nooby =)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 09:55 Edited at: 21st Feb 2009 10:00
Again, im happy to complete it, i honestly didnt think i would despite how simple this game seems. its only got one level, but it took me alot of hard work.
All the graphics were made by me, but the sounds were from various sources, which i have inculded in a text file in the Sounds folder (in Media)
The difficulty can be changed by changing the variables in the initialization function, you should be able to work it out for youselves
I hope you enjoy it!

PS: controls are arrow keys, and space to shoot
PPS: for some reason DBP wouldnt accept my icon, so the game icon is the pyramid - small matter anyway.

EDIT: heres a low quality screenie =)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dragon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 19:37 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2009 19:40
that had cool retro music xD

Things i like:
movement, simple
retro music / theme

Things you could improve:
Make it Full Screen
smaller enemies thought they were kinda big
slower bullets, also more bullets for the player to shoot, perhaps 2..?
when the left side / right side is completely killed the formation should move to the VERY right / VERY left then turn back.
Menu system -> mouse click to select
return to menu after you die / win
High score table

Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 00:39
i kinda like the small screen lol reminds me of old gameboy games
Aralox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 07:41
Dragon Knight, those are all valid areas to improve, and i fully agree with you. i considered them when programming the game- i never really intended for this game to be a full on, finished game, it was just to see if i could successfully finish a space invaders type game =)
The bullet speed though, you can change in the code, as well as all the other variables - its in a function called game init or something.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 02:25:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 02:25:11