Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / problems with text strings

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
if I have a string.. A$="I cant code for shit", for example, is there an easy way of breaking it down into the seperate words, which could be stored in an array ?

I`m trying to write a text search engine, I know that this problem is in the wrong forum, but I was in here anyway.

It is for a simple database / cataloging system for my cd collection, I want to type a keyword string, then list what the keyword matches with.

Am I trying to go about this the best way ?

any help is welcome!

Simon
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2002 06:58
this really isn't the place for help with this... because incase you missed the huge sign on the way in - its the 3D Forum, so if this pertains to 3D programming or modeling in anyway then by all means post here, otherwise please try the other forums like the DarkBasic one instead.

there is a very simple way to break down words... look for the " " ... don't confused it with "" because a blank space is actually an ascii character - so when you search for specific letters if you need to find a space just do it in the same way.

i'm not gonna give a code example of howto do this as the examples already has one, and as i've noted this is REALLY not the place for it.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
simonuk74
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, thanks for your previous help,
I will have another go, otherwise, I`ll post to the correct place in the forum.

Simon

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2002 09:32
thats a good idea

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:36:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:36:19