Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / The FPSC maps don't look as good as they should when I laod them

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Am having problems loading the universe.dbo in to the DarkGDK project.

my first problem is, when I write the "SetCurrentDirectory("meida");" code, it only reads files from the "media" folder, so for example if I type :

"dbLoadObject( "\levelbank\testlevel\universe.dbo", 1 );"

or even SetCurrentDirectory( "\levelbank\testlevel");

it wont read it at all and the screen is black.
===========================

Second problem is, when I try to put the universe.dbo in the media folder so it can read it, the level I created is all dark and only the Light poles I put in the level work, but everything else is dark.
yahya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 05:59 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2009 05:59
Can someone at least tell me what steps I should take to make sure my FPS level is loaded right with its textures on Drak GDK or Dark Basic Pro.

I already seen the tutorial video and it didn't help.
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 18:27
You will have to copy some other files, not just the dbo. the dbo is just a mesh AFAIK, and contains no textures. Try copying all the files to media directory.
prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 18:31 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2009 18:31
to go to a different directory from a current one (to go up one): use "..\" the backslashes have to be escaped as well so "dbLoadObject( "levelbanktestleveluniverse.dbo", 1 );" won't work. try "dbLoadObject( "..\levelbank\testlevel\universe.dbo", 1 );" if you are in a different directory.
yahya
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You will have to copy some other files, not just the dbo. the dbo is just a mesh AFAIK, and contains no textures. Try copying all the files to media directory. "

What are the files, I just copy the levelbank and texturesbank folders, is there any others folders I need to copy?

Quote: "
to go to a different directory from a current one (to go up one): use "..\" the backslashes have to be escaped as well so "dbLoadObject( "levelbanktestleveluniverse.dbo", 1 );" won't work. try "dbLoadObject( "..\levelbank\testlevel\universe.dbo", 1 );" if you are in a different directory."

you mean to add this "\" or this "..\", coz I do put the directory as
"dbLoadObject( "\levelbank\testlevel\universe.dbo", 1 );" and media folers as my "SetCurrentDirectory ", so its :

"media\levelbank\testlevel\universe.dbo"

But for some reason it can't read any other folder beyond the root project folder and Media folder.
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 23:24
When you put in "\levelbank\testlevel\universe.dbo" the first back slash should be telling the program to look for the file starting at the root. If you it to start looking from the current directory you need to use ".\\levelbank\\testlevel\\universe.dbo"

The dot indicates current directory.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
lol my message didn't show double backslash ???
Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2009 08:41 Edited at: 25th Feb 2009 08:41
You need a double back slash because one backslash indicates an escape character whilst two backslashes indicates the actual backslash character.
yahya
Years of Service
User Offline
Thx it works , final thing where can I find the ammo, flashLight and character models in the FPSC files folder?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 19:16:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 19:16:13