Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / changing frame count for decals........possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 09:38 Edited at: 24th Feb 2009 02:57
I remember discussing this with Plystire but cant find the thread.
It was said that the number of frames in a decal could be increased but though I have tried I cant get this to work, Ply said 'down' had no real function in the decal specs and that 'across' could be increased, I have tried creating 8x8 and 64x1 textures but nothing works if you increase 'across' more than 8 the decal freezes.If you use 8 only a short number of frames actually play.
Does anyone have a working example of increased frames for decals?
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 17:01
16 is the maximal number possible,hopefully will be fixed in the migration

A.K.A. djmaster
gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 21:46
what about how big a decal can be

i want to make a decal thats... 20 segments by 15 layers?
possible?

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Simon Benge did it in sprite pack #1.

I used to be GERM, but I got a NaMe ChaNgE.
In cyberspace, no one can hear you scream!
Or can they?
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
You can increase the size of a decal by adding, scale=, to the decalspecs, settings are in percent for instance scale= 400.
I have been long aware of the 16 frame limit but Ply insisted this could be increased, I didnt ask for an example at the time and this has been the first chance I have had to look at it, but without any success.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 08:14
I think Ply meant that the speed at which a decal is played can be changed...though only in Ply's Mod.

@GERM
none of the decals are longer than 16 frames in the sprite pack

AE

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 09:18 Edited at: 24th Feb 2009 09:21
Quote: "I think Ply meant that the speed at which a decal is played can be changed...though only in Ply's Mod."

S4mod also has this.
Wish I could find the thread in which we discussed this, I am pretty sure he meant the amount of frames. He mentioned the 'across' and 'down' params in the decalspecs, I doubt these have anything to do with the rate the decal plays at, I always thought that across4 and down4 related to the way the 16 frames are laid out across the texture, but he said the 'down' parameter didnt actually do anything, I may be wrong and my memory playing tricks but sure he said he had increased the frames, though he didnt say if it was only in his mod.
I suppose I wont know unless he chips in here and clarifies what we talked about.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 03:17:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 03:17:53