Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Smoke in GUN Settings

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 21:31 Edited at: 24th Feb 2009 00:01
Hi everyone, I already tried searching for an answer but couldn't find one regarding removing smoke in the gunspecs of a weapon. I don't think I can move the smoke particles closer to the end of the barrel so I Just want to get rid of it. Would I just do this?:

And an extra note, how do I make a weapon semi automatic instead of fully automatic?

Thanks in advance.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
You can try smoke=0 but it might just default to another smoke. If you have an idea/question for such a simple change like that it's much faster to take 15 seconds and try it than to ask on forums

Assuming it does not work and you are not using a really old version of FPSC, do the following to remove smoke.

1. Go to your decals directory and make a new decal and call it "null" (or whatever you want). Edit the actual image for the decal so that it is small and has no valid image content (100% alpha).

2. In gunspec, change the line which says:
smoke = x
to
smokedecal = null (or whatever name you chose).

Alternatively, if the .x file is in an uncompressed/text format, I'm fairly sure you can search/delete all references to "SMOKE" and be rid of it.

To remove automatic fire (on most full-auto weapons), simply comment out the line which reads:
automatic fire = x,y
That should leave you with start fire and end fire resulting in semi-auto firing.
Slim Fly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 06:37 Edited at: 4th Apr 2009 06:42
Thanks (I know that was long over due)

But i still can't get the smoke to work. I even removed smoke = 1 in the gunspecs, and I have the newest version of fpsc.

Instead of making a whole new decal, I just edited the default decal in the gunsmoke folder. I edited it with fireworks (png) and deleted the layer which had an image, only to leave a transparency, then converted back to .dds. This, however, still did not get rid of the gunsmoke.

I'm not quite sure how to make it 100% alpha.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Untested but this should work...

1. Go to your decal directory in gamecore and make a new folder named "blank".

2. Then copy the attached .dds into it.

3. Also copy a decalspec.txt file from any of the other decals.

4. Then, open gunspec.txt for your gun and change it to:

smokedecal = blank.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 07:23:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 07:23:56