Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / (wip) Through the Burning Fields

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 02:47 Edited at: 24th Feb 2009 23:10
Since I haven't composed anything new in a little while (remixes don't count as compositions :-P) so I decided that I would show you guys what I have been working on for the past couple days

It isn't finished, as all I have is and intro-ish part followed by a verse. (Which are kind of similar btw)

Please give me some C + C on this one, because I am experimenting with different instruments and such and I would like to know if I am getting the right idea. Don't be afraid to tell me if I am completely off either

It is titled 'Through the Burning Fields' because, well for some reason, when I listen to it, I hear a sort-of fire-ish quality... very hard to explain

Attachments

Login to view attachments
epithika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 03:45
Its a good start.

Try not to loop things too much though, if you need to loop something then you should altar it with either different instruments or adding more melody / harmony. This way it wont sound too repetitive.

e.g. after playing the main idea twice through, add another instrument playing the same melody a 3rd above the old idea. This will create a good harmony to the melody and it wont make it sound repetitive.

You could even add a whole new section in the middle where the chords change for a bit (only about 4 bars (or measures)) and then return back to the main idea.

Liam Bradbury Music
www.myspace.com/liambradburymusic

MUSIC FOR YOUR GAMES! [href=http://www.myspace.com/liambradburymusic [/href]
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 13:19 Edited at: 24th Feb 2009 13:20
Alright thanks for the tips I will try out your suggestions as soon as I can (expect an update by 5:00 PMish )

da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 23:09
The update I promised

I put in a few new pieces, you might say, and made it longer

please comment... please

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2009 17:34
That's pretty cool. I like the semi-haste feeling it has where you aren't sure if you're supposed to out-run a forest fire or just chill in a generally less-than hospitable place. It can be used in both instances.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2009 20:24
Thanks man, I appreciate that I was thinking the same exact idea about the less-than hospitable, only in my vision, I had some sort of dictator in mind.. possibly some evil guy that just happens to be your friend, with burning torches or something in his place

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 15:01
Well, it is a cool sound you have there.
Oh, and an oboe

I would have to agree with epithika though; it is rather repetive and would do good with either some alternations or (at least in my opinion) more melodical passages here and there. Perhaps sooth the whole thing down a while in and put up a part with harp arpeggio and a flute, then erupting out into that more rhytmic theme again.
Or a cembalo... yeah, that could sound really good in this song.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:49:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:49:35