Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How do I change collision mode in a dynamic object?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 21:39
I created this box looking thingy as a test only, it's a dynamic object and I would like to get inside of it, but I can't for now, How can I change the collision on it or any object from a box collision to polygon collision for example? It is possible because I watched this video that was linked from a thread here in the forum.

Or if there is any other way that you can think of please.

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INjpWAxav7w

...........(o o)........
--oooO--(_)--Oooo---

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 22:25
Programador hispano

You can change the 'collisionmode' numerical value in the objects 'FPE' file to a value of '1' which is polygon collision.

If this dosn't work with the object in 'dynamic' mode then try changing the object into 'static' mode in the 'FPE' file also with a value of '1'.

Good luck with this.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 22:51 Edited at: 24th Feb 2009 22:53
You cant change the collision mode for dynamic objects, the vid you show used the same method as the enclosed lift, you can download the lift at the link below and dissect it and see how it works from there, its the only workaround there is at the moment as far as I know.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=130987&b=24

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 03:19:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 03:19:29