Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Modern Day Army Multiplayer game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 15:41 Edited at: 26th Feb 2009 15:52
Ive had a thread on this before but never really got off the ground so its back again, My idea is a Online shooter based around the British army (Mabey change it to a fictional army) I got the idea when searching through the Americas army game website, Every thing they implement into there game has to be part of the Real Americas army environment and equipment so why not create a British army game, obviously the maps couldn't be called iraq etc as this would cause problems so just give the maps fictional names . Ive been helping out with fpsc ip (amazing feature) so this would be the launcher with a few adjustments possibly Main problems are as follows :-

SOLDIERS UNIFORMS - Need modern british uniforms and enemy uniforms nothing amazing just so make it obv which players are with what team. (which i cannot make)

GUNS - We need the gun the british army use for both teams which when fired doesnt cause to the FPS to drop to much.

MAPS - I need some people to work on a few maps I will be 1 of them just enough to get it to Beta testing - has to be average to high fps IF possible.

PLAYERS - Also we are going to need people to play it there will obv. be a website which will have all the info on it. Also i would like to have patches being realesed every few months to fix further glitches and add new maps But like i already said we would need people to help out creating this game and also people to play it

Just a thought if people dont think its a good idea just say and ill scrap the idea

**Weapons Update** the SA80 A2 L85 Individual Weapon http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/support-weapons/1458.aspx
L115A3 Long Range Rifle http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/support-weapons/1459.aspx
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 16:12
I'll play yours if you play mine.

MASSIVE new multiplayer game coming soon!
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 16:14 Edited at: 26th Feb 2009 16:16
I'll play it!

And for the uniforms what are you looking for?
UV Maps, textures or icons/pictures.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 16:15
i can make real good MP maps with great fps. if you want me to make some i would be glad too. if there was something i could have in return for like, say, five AWESOME maps that'd be nice, too.

It is well that war is so terrible or we should grow too fond of it- Robert E Lee
BETA
Years of Service
User Offline
The Shooter, I dont understand the last part you said but if you can make a map with decent fps its almost definatly going to be added to the game with possibly a few adjustment and such i dont really see what i can offer you tho just your map being in the game

knxrb, I dont have a clue what your talking about lol UV Maps, textures or icons/pictures. i dont know i just want a soldier with a newer more modern look alike to the british army uniform as the ww2 soldiers would look soooooo out of place, knxrb ill be sending you an emial later on today with more ideas for the FPSC IP
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 16:35 Edited at: 26th Feb 2009 16:37
Okay, I'll edit the texture on a ww2 soldier and try and make him look like a british army soldier for you. Then you can see if you want to use it or not.

Quote: "ill be sending you an emial later on today with more ideas for the FPSC IP "

Looking forward to it

knxrb

BETA
Years of Service
User Offline
any 1 else interested in playing or making maps ?
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2009 03:57 Edited at: 27th Feb 2009 04:35
I just finished one, needs a little detailing but it's pretty good.
I could upload it if you want, It uses model packs 9, 10, and 7.
I'll test out maps if ya want

"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives"
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 27th Feb 2009 06:23
ok i'll work on one friday

It is well that war is so terrible or we should grow too fond of it- Robert E Lee
BETA
Years of Service
User Offline
Wazoo117 yea please upload it thanks alot.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2009 17:43 Edited at: 27th Feb 2009 17:44
I've re-textured the ww2 unarmed soldier to make him look a bit mroe british and I've done him as normal and in camoflauge.

He's not got the white and cream bits yet because I thought I'd wait and see if you wanted to use them or not.

Screenshot:

Download:
http://www.fpscip.com/British%20Soldier.zip

knxrb

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2009 18:55
In what way does adding mud to his face and hands make him british? You forgot the fact that he's wearing the completely wrong uniform..

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2009 18:58
I've retextured his uniform and helmet as well.

knxrb

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 27th Feb 2009 19:21
look up in the search bar for a modern american soldier retexture. it says it is a american retexture, but it is actually british, even the flag on his arm is british

bandit jack potty
Years of Service
User Offline
i would love to play it! and i'll see if i can make a few maps.. i have most of the model packs with building stuff
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 23:37
SOLDIER UNIFORMS: use the sas from model pack 1
GUNS: look through the gun model packs, find a british gun (rifle preferably like an l82) all the rest of the guns don't have to be british do they?
MAPS: there's no easy way to do this. wake up at around 9-9:30. drink some coffee. leisurely eat some calorie packed cereal, and play any army themed game on easy mode in story mode. make your map loosely based off of that map and put all the cover and stuff static. spend tons of time sitting there. just trying to get 1 room done. make sure that you get so detailed, that you detail the minor details. eat more beef jerky (an fps creator essential) take a break when you get a headache. play that army game you first played on a different map and get more ideas. then boot up fps creator again and finish the next part of the map. rinse lather repeat. a good map takes all day.
PLAYERS: put up a youtube video of it and put a link to a free, easy download on an aesthetically pleasing site that looks like it has no viruses. put a verrrry veeeeerrry detailed description using pretty, big words on youtube and the site you download from. make the user feel like they will become a better person if they get this game like: this game wil challange your fps playing abilities. something like that to make them feel like they HAVE to get this game.

jeez, i should write a book called: How to cheat in fpsc. the complete lazy mans guide
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 00:14
Team requests

This thread is considered a team request and has been locked.
Whilst threads like this are not outlawed, they must adhere to a strict set of guidelines.

You can review the team request guidelines here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=team_requests

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of theses terms, along with generally accepted nettiqute standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:30:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:30:28