Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / licensing on the models?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 18:12
Hi, I'm working on a game at the moment, and steam is considering it, as it goes along. But before I go further, I need to ask a quick question.

Can I assume that all files I purchase from the game creator store, the game creators themselves and the model packs are all royalty free, and I can use them on commercial projects without breaking an agreement?

If not, where can I find the license rights to all files purchased in the above way?

Thanks

My site: www.skyknight.co.uk
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 18:24 Edited at: 26th Feb 2009 18:29
You have to email the artist and ask their permission to use there models for commercial projects. It is in the Terms and Conditions which you can check if you so wish.

Make sure you do that but usually the artist will say yes maybe if you put their name in the credits contact details should be available for all artists in the store on the license file you get when you buy the model.

License files can be found on the Help menu > View Store license files

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 18:30 Edited at: 26th Feb 2009 18:32
It is my understanding that any content included in FPSC, and any model packs purchased from TGC may be used Royalty Free in any commercial project. Content purchased from the TGC store may have EULA requirements to be used commercially. This normally consists of notifying the creator, by email, that you have accepted the agreement. The EULA and requirements should be included with the download or in your "The Game Creators\FPS Creator\licenses" folder.

Content purchased from 3rd party vendors may contain additional requirements, such as credits in your game. Be sure to read each one.

DISCLAIMER: That being said, I'm no lawyer and I could be wrong.

Best.

EDIT: Or just do what The Next said while I was typing mine.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 18:46 Edited at: 26th Feb 2009 19:20
It is royalty free yes but that doesn't give the automatic right to use it in commercial projects we need to be asked first just means we cant ask for more money if they ask. Now im not gona go get my seller contract out but i remember it saying about that the buyer must ask us before using it for commercial purposes and that we have the right to say no to them and decide our terms for the use of it in commercial projects.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 20:15 Edited at: 26th Feb 2009 20:19
Quote: "we have the right to say no to them and decide our terms for the use of it in commercial projects."

I think you should pull out your seller contract.
Quote: "This document represents an irrevocable offer made by the Seller (as defined below) to the Customer (as defined below) to enter into a legally binding contract on the terms described below.

This offer is irrevocable and may be accepted at any time by the Customer notifying the Seller of its acceptance of the offer. Notification may be made by sending an email to the email address below with the full name of the Customer in the subject line followed by the words "accepts the commercial licence terms for....
"

Best.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 22:55 Edited at: 27th Feb 2009 01:47
Yeah I'm pretty sure when this question came up before Errant AI said that the seller couldn't just say no. From a personal stand point it would seem strange if I purchased the model from the store and then had to pay again to use it commercially.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 23:49 Edited at: 26th Feb 2009 23:53
Just took a look you are right proved wrong should have checked it out

Thanks for correction any how thats good to know

EDIT: Mods what is max sig image size

Your signature has been erased by a mod for being too big
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2009 01:35 Edited at: 27th Feb 2009 01:49
600 x 120 is the max signature image limit I believe.

Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2009 07:45
I don't know about the packs and models from the store but I found this in the manual. Is about the games you sell made with FPS Creator.

...........(o o)........
--oooO--(_)--Oooo---

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 03:20:21
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 03:20:21