Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Solutions needed urgently! Unexplained crash

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 02:01
I'm getting the old favourite "This program has encountered a problem and needs to close. Extra Debug info 0 0" when I try and build my level. This comes up at [314] loading active guns, but i know it's not a gun problem. What isn't FPSC telling me?

The annoying thing is that FPSC will test game it fine. I can do a test game perfectly well, but when it comes to building it, it just coughs and splutters and dies.

W T F !!!

My level contains no dynamic lights, fog is not on. I'm on V1.13 on a machine that has:
Pentium D 2.8Ghz
1GB RAM
ATi X1600Pro
Windows XP service pack 2

This is kinda important since I'm meant to be submitting the level for the horror contest. Reply now with suggestions/fixes...please!

AE

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 02:06
Try replacing weapon pickups.

dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 04:19
Here's what I'd try:

1) Backup the game.

2) Take out all of the weapons, to see if it's really a weapon problem.

3) If not, try getting rid of other things (dynamic objects, scripts, etc).

4) If it's still not working, try cutting the level in half (perhaps it's too big).

5) If all else fails, try using different version of FPSC, or do a complete reinstall.

I honestly have no idea what it is. FPSC is still pretty unstable as it is - it just makes it worse that it gives us stupidly vague error messages.

*This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds.*
The Rickster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 08:57
Ok, I am hoping it works for you just like it did for me, I was gettin pretty mad.. Go to the location your FPSC is installed, for me it is C:/programfiles/TheGameCreators
go into that folder, double click on FPS Creator.. Scroll through till you find an exe extension named : FPSCreatorDumpMem..
Double click it and then it will do a dump of the memory, I was receiving those errors till i did that..Now when I get them again I do the same process over..Best thing to do is always save before testing your maps that way if it does mess up again, you won't have to do all of your work over.
I hope it works for you like it did me, and this credit goes to someone else other than myself, when I find the thread again I will give his name the credit.

"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living."
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 10:48
Ok, for now it's working...but I expect I can get it to fail again before the day is out.

As a future reference to other users, I solved this crash by renamed all my trigger zones and sound zones individual names (like "enemy01 trigger" and "enemy02 trigger", or "amb01 music" and "amb02 music").

I've still got a slight problem with dynamic entities though, they're appearing all black (though not in test game mode). Strange...

AE

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 11:58
Quote: "I've still got a slight problem with dynamic entities though, they're appearing all black (though not in test game mode). Strange..."

If you have a shader applied (such as one of my entity shaders), you will need to make sure that the .fx file has been copied over into the effectbank of the final compiled game. I encontered this problem also.

CoZ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 03:22:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 03:22:15