Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Where are the original textures?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to know where the original texture files are. I CANNOT find them but I don't know how to make a new texture from scratch because I don't know exactly how the image will wrap around the object. I know it's kind of a noobish question, but really, can anyone tell me?
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 04:27
In Files>texturebank

Till Thy Migration Come...

Scorple
Years of Service
User Offline
Mkay, that help some, but where are the weapon textures because they aren't there.
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 06:26
Ahhhhh, well that'll be in the files>gamecore>guns section.

Scorple
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, i took a lok there and found the textures for some weapons i downloaded, but did not find the textures for the original weapons like the tavor, the assult rifle, the minigun, etc. Are those also somewhere else?
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 01:00
Um, as Pride said, they are in files>gamecore>guns...

Scorple
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, as I said, they aren't there. There are only 2 image files, the weapons icon and the scope. Correct me if I'm wrong but the texture is a TGA file isn't it? Well anyway unless it isn't an image file the texture isn't there.
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 01:45
look in texture bank

Scorple
Years of Service
User Offline
Well idk what's going on. I can find textures for everything else exept the weapons and character entitys; they aren't in texturebank and they aren't in gamecore. This is really strange, idk where else they would be!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 02:34
Just look in the guns .fpe file. It tells you what folder it's in, and it's file name.

If you can't see them after that, change your view settings to "view all files".

Best

Scorple
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I don't want to be a nuisance but it's still not there! Ok, so I found the FPE file for the tavor and opened it in notepad, and it told me to go to gamecore\guns\scifi\tavor\, and that the texture was labeled gun_D2.tga. Ok, I go to gamecore\guns\scifi\tavor\ and find the file labeled gun_D2, only problem is, it's not a TGA file, in gamecore, it's a DDS file. What's going on! This doesn't make any sence! And it's not like I deleted the file, the gun still shows up in game fully textured just like it should, but the texture image simply is not there. Please, all i want to do is edit the texture a little, why can't I find the damn file...
gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 04:34
they can either be in
C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator
or
C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator
good luck

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]
Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 04:50
the DDS file that you found is the texture that the gun is using.
I know, the fpe file says .tga. I don't know why but that happens to me too, I can type in the textured line in the fpe file either extension and fpsc will read it, and if you have multiple textures you don't type anything at all in the textured line and fpsc will go by how you set up the .x file.

you can use either gimp or photoshop to open it. you will need plug ins for them to read the .dds format.

...........(o o)........
--oooO--(_)--Oooo---
Scorple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 05:05 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2009 05:07
Oh... well that's... weird, where can I get the plug-in then because i have photoshop but can't open the file in it because... no plug-in.
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 05:10
FPSC converts some .tga files automatically into .dds files. It is possible that TGC created .tga file originally, put FPSC compromised that and they didn't copy the first .tga.

"March 1st 2009, 12:49pm, a 3 year struggle with cancer ends..."
Scorple
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I downloaded a DDS converter so I finally managed to get it to a tga so I could edit it, already edited the tavor a bit (extreamly poorly, don't even ask) and got it to work in game, so once I manage to figure out what parts of a texture are what parts of the gun, I hope to make something pretty cool. Thanks for all your help guys (even though most of you were clueless ... no offence... well cya round the forums!
Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 07:18
Quote: "Thanks for all your help guys (even though most of you were clueless ... no offence... well cya round the forums! "

How funny when people offend you, then they say no offense. We are all trying to help each other here, be nice. ( I am sorry Moderators I had to say something)

...........(o o)........
--oooO--(_)--Oooo---
Scorple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 14:33 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2009 14:35
I was just kidding around... jeez...
And besides, you were the one who gave me the correct answer so why are you offended?
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 15:06
Thread Locked

This thread has been locked for the following reason: Question Answered

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of theses terms, along with generally accepted nettiqute standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 03:27:13
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 03:27:13