Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Quizzical Level Design...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 05:21
Ok, here's the situation:

I have created a level that is comprised of a large multi-storied "hanger"

I have a hallway that runs parallel right next to the "hanger" on the highest level

there is a door that leads in to the hanger that I would like to be key activated

The problem is I have large windows placed to look into the hanger from the hallway

If I destroy them, this creats a glitch where the player can easily jump into the hanger without having to find the key to the door

Normally this problem would be solved by making the windows smaller or indestructible; however, I would like it set up to have hidden enemies spawn right at the windows upon entering the hanger. I would like these enemies to snipe at the player, this requires that the doors be destructible

is there a way to make windows destructible by enemies but not me?

You just lost 'this' much control.
Scorple
Years of Service
User Offline
Well there isn't a way I know of, but there's script out there for just about everything. Take a look around and you'll probably find something "close" to what you want. Also, AI is not very good at breaking glass, I've tried putting AI behind glass before and it'll shoot at it but it won't break. One more idea, make another cut off hallway that you can't get to but the AI can that's conected to the hanger with windows or holes.
Mort Alz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 15:15
I thought about smaller windows, but the large ones just fit the atmosphere perfectly in this case

You just lost 'this' much control.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 03:21:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 03:21:36