Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / get on train and teleport to crashed verson after a delay of X seconds. how would i do this

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 19:29
so
-im trying to make a train that rools into the subway station and you get on it. the train would come after you kill the enemys. you get in and the doors close, after x seconds the screen goes black and a crashing sound comes. you teleport into another train and the lights come back on.

how would i acheve this, i searched and found someone who did somthing similar but didn't have and of his scripts or content posted. if youll excuse me i have a train to model

PS. what do you think of my subway station (i dont like it)

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 19:39
I like the subway station. It actually does look like one.

I would try this:

Put a triggerzone inside the subway. In the main script, write up a script that starts a timer. When the timer reaches x seconds, spawn a teleporter to a black room. Within that black room, start another timer and spawn another teleporter to the wrecked subway.

Keep in mind that you'll have to reset each timer before you start the next, and it may take up a lot of grid space to construct two different subway areas, but it should do the trick. Let me know how it turns out.

*This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds.*
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 20:08
Quote: "-im trying to make a train that rools into the subway station and you get on it."

In order for the train to "roll" into the station, it would have to be dynamic. If so, you cannot enter it. You can however rig dynamic doors to a static train car.

I think it would take a bit of curtain work to make this happen. Since you can't spawn a static object, you may indeed need two stations to pull it off. By curtain work I mean fade to black, transport player or... it may be easier to use video for some parts of it.

Best.

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 21:11
i believe there is a way to make dynamic objects have poly cossison. i believe someone had set something to 4? in the setup level.fpi. i may try that.
ill try dumpus's idea but do you know how to start a timer? i don't.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 21:26 Edited at: 1st Mar 2009 21:27
Quote: "setup level.fpi"
no, in the fpi/fpe of the entity you can script it,

but you could do it with huds...

1.train comes, with waypoints
2.you walk to the train, it says "Do you want to get in?" (you can modified this lol
3. press enter
4. you will now be teleported inside the train.
5. make timer.. black Hud apearing, teleport to another train (in another room), (to prevent framecount drop), sound thing on
6. black Hud disapearing
7. and therer you go, the same thing, with only scripting technologies...

WITH IMAGINATION YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P. Red Eye Productions
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the train would come after you kill the enemys"

I dont know this, but you could do with a triggerzone, to let appearing the train, and this methode:

Quote: "1.train comes, with waypoints
2.you walk to the train, it says "Do you want to get in?" (you can modified this lol
3. press enter
4. you will now be teleported inside the train.
5. make timer.. black Hud apearing, teleport to another train (in another room), (to prevent framecount drop), sound thing on
6. black Hud disapearing
7. and therer you go, the same thing, with only scripting technologies..."

and destroying and animating a death sequence of the enemys...

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
These are only methodes,

EDIT: sorry for tripple posts

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 21:57 Edited at: 1st Mar 2009 22:01
not a problem. i really hate my train ststion so im making a new one. ill work on the train afterwards
ps
anyone have a message that needs posting, like fake stocks or a joke?

edit, this will look much better

Attachments

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 22:11
Wow that model looks great!

Click above to sign up for the Axifer Designs Dev-Team!
gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 23:27 Edited at: 1st Mar 2009 23:27
now THATS a subway station! now for the train, i think what ill do is make a hit enter to enter thing and thus he teleoprts into a train room, then x#of seconds later he teleports to the crash. that would be easiest, but again, how do i make a timer, is there a command?

Attachments

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 23:31
i like it, but what I dont like is the "evacuate" part. it doesnt look consistent. Instead of Tiling it, make it look like it was made of spraypaint.

Till Thy Migration Come...

Marc Steene
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 04:36
Try this:

-Find the last enemy that should die in your group
-Open up its main script, and find the death sequence and add activateifused=1 to the end
-In the enemies If Used option, add 'Train' etc
-Set up your train to be dynamic and spawned when activated
-I can't remember how but there's a way to make a dynamic object follow waypoints, look up a thread on it.
-Script the trains waypoints so that when it gets to where you want to stop, make it wait
-Add a trigger zone to the area where the player can enter the train, with a scankeycodepressed option, which when pressed will teleport the player into the train
-In the trains script, when that keycode is pressed, make the train continue on its waypoint (but make sure you add plrdistwithin=40)
-Add a HUD saying "Press G to enter the train" etc
-Now this is the dodgy-avoiding-FPSC bit. Create AntiGrav Platforms underneath your train where you want there to be collision and set them to the same speed and waypoints as the train
-Add a black texture to them and under their options set transparency to 1
-Let the train and anti-grav platform continue their path (so the train once again appears to be moving)
- Once the player is inside the train, put another trigger zone where he should appear
-In that trigger zone, retart the timer and make it so when the timer reachs (5,000?) a black hud shows and an explosion sound plays (sound=$0) (You can also add plrdisable=5000 to stop the player moving)
-Restart the timer once more, and open up the trains .fpi file
-Find a way of letting the train know that the HUD is shown, possibly through the use of variables, and make it and the antigrav platform destroy themselves
-Spawn the train debris using activateifused
-Re-enable the player and hide the HUD

And hopefully you should have the effect you want!

If you don't want the train to be completly destroyed, you could just add alttexture=1 to the train of a destroyed texture.

If you want the subway to be destroyed, there are a few good ways of achieving this without creating a new subway station. When the HUD is shown turn dark fog on, lower the ambiance, spawn flickering lights, and spawn some fire decals. If there are dynamic entities, you can also destroy them. Find/Create some burnt decals which you can overlay onto your wall.

Good luck

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 03:27:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 03:27:39