Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Zombies able to hit through doors

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 19:38
I have a puzzle that i cannot resolve for some strange reason zombies can hit through doors. Meaning if someone is scared and waiting on the other side then they are in trouble.

The trekkie
Zombies eaten people
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 08:45
does anybody know why this happens?

The trekkie
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 16:07 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2009 16:08
Because dynamic entities don't follow collision rules like static entities. The door being dynamic.

Since the "player" you play as is just a giant, transparent, sphere, you may accidentally phase through the door, cause the zombie to see you and activate.

Now as to why he can attack, in his script, there is a "plrdistwithin", which in leman's terms means "do this when the player is within this much space of me". Now, the distance terms in FPSC is done by sphere as well. So if this distance defined in the script is greater than the distance between the player and the zombie thorough the door, you'll get attacked because you're within the sphere.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 16:11
...it's a collision issue that's existed from the beginning, with FPSC.

It'll happen often as an enemy follows the player around a corner often, too. It's really more an unsightly nuisance, than anything.

Until is eventually gets fixed, I suggest using triggerzones to spawn enemies, when the player is on the other side of doors, to prevent the premature misfire, that leads to those distracting hands, arms, and heads popping through the doors.

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2009 14:55
like Seth Black said, use trigger zones.

A single drop of water can mean a drained ocean for future generations
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
or use plrcanbeseen

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:26:33
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:26:33