Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / CONCEPT---mirrors edge style swing pole

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 20:42
ok i had the idea to make a pole that would essentially give the illusion of a swinging motion like in mirrors edge i have 2 solutions:

1) if you had a pole and applied a script that ment when used it teleports the player 1 or 2 floor pieces ahead and simultaniously plays a video that either shows a swinging video or something like that, however that option i dont know if its possible, would not have the same setting as the game so the background in the video would be different from the one in game and that may remove a sense of emersion.

2) you have almost the same but instead of a video it makes the player jump, crouch and jump again whilst moving forward and this would give a curved look that would almost have the same feel but most likely is more impossible

anyway i made this post to say that if somone can make the script i can make the video and model

i think that this would open so many windows and expand FPSC possibilities

gamer for life
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 20:44 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2009 20:44
you can do it with plrmove down and up
and smoothely with a timer

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P. Red Eye Productions
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 23:53
Quote: "and simultaniously plays a video"

Just to point it out, there's a lag factor with FPSC videos since they're loaded as needed, so there's usually a pause when the video is triggered of a few seconds, depending on video size. Wouldn't exactly be simultaneous

Paul

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 17:41
yeh that i think would really ruin the whole effect

gamer for life
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2009 21:30
Sorry, but the video would not work. At all. However, plrmove should do it. Maybe just do a half-swing with a tight centre of rotation, so it would be quick, forward-moving swings.

MASSIVE new multiplayer game coming soon!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 03:22:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 03:22:36