Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Anyone try FPSC on a netbook?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to pick me up one of those cheap little netbooks. Has anyone tried FPSC on one of these? It doesn't need to run WELL, I just need to know if it will run at all. Mostly just for testing purposes, building a small room, trying out new models. Things like that.

I just think it would be cool to have one for those "desert island" circumstances. Where I can do some basic modelling, photo editing, and FPSC testing.

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 07:33
Quote: "I just think it would be cool to have one for those "desert island" circumstances. Where I can do some basic modelling, photo editing, and FPSC testing"

LOL, I hope you take a lot of batteries with you.

I never heard anybody trying FPS Creator in one of those.

...........(o o)........
--oooO--(_)--Oooo---
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 13:01
well if its got bigger specs than fpsc requires,it will work,i would more likely reccomend a notebook/laptop,theyre pretty cheap nowadays,you can buy an used one

A.K.A. djmaster
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 14:23
My Acer Aspire One severely slows down when I run it, and you can't have shaders or anything on at ALL.

It DOES run though.

Click above to sign up for the Axifer Designs Dev-Team!
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 14:33
Forget a netbook. The spec difference is huge and they aren't much more portable than normal laptops. Just get a cheap notebook if you need something portable.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "My Acer Aspire One severely slows down when I run it, and you can't have shaders or anything on at ALL.

It DOES run though."

Thanks, that what I needed to know. I have a 17" laptop already, but it's just too big and heavy to lug around for 90% of what I use it for most of the time.

I ended up getting a great deal on an Acer Aspire One like yours. I'm fascinated by it, it's so small! And the 1.6ghz processor seems pretty fast too once I uninstalled Mcafee and the other junk that came on it. Heck, my parents are still running a 800mhz Pentium3 because it "does everything they need".

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2009 03:43
Haha yeah I like it. I kinda messed it up trying to install Windows 7 though , haha.

Click above to sign up for the Axifer Designs Dev-Team!
gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2009 03:49
i saw one of those at the store and i just thought omg...
what are the specs on those things? i wanna play GTA 4 on one!

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2009 15:15
Quote: "I have a 17" laptop already, but it's just too big and heavy to lug around for 90% of what I use it for most of the time."

LOL, guess you gotta work out more then.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 4th Mar 2009 16:09
gorba,you will never get gta4 to work on acer aspire one,its got 1.6ghz cpu,no way

A.K.A. djmaster
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2009 16:17
I have a netbook and FPSC is awful on it had loads of trouble installing as well seeing as there was no disc drive.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 03:28:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 03:28:11