Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I would like to create my perfect game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I would love to create my perfect game with fpsc creator. I would need to know how to do the following things:

1) Incorperate a multiplayer mode within the game with multiple game modes playing with bots.
2) Creating a story mode, multiplayer mode (mentioned above), perhaps a mapmaker and a challenge mode with "trophies"
3) When playing multiplayer mode to be able to create character and weapons sets.

There's probably a lot more as well, I would apprechiate any help given as this seems like a massive project at the moment. I will give any more info if you are curious how something would work etc

Thanks For Your Time
Nathan Russell
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 20:44
1: Use a game starter that routes different buttons to different paths. Bots ain't possible.
2: You can create story mode and arena (multiplayer) mode game in FPSC, although maybe you should stop playing timesplitters as mapmaking and challenges are useless/impossible
3: No, way far off from FPSC

Sorry, but FPSC is limited and is not really meant for fast-paced arcade games like Timesplitters. FPSC makes games like GRAW or Rainbow Six or Crysis, not Left 4 Dead and Timesplitters (although the single player version of TS would be completely possible in FPSC...)

"March 1st 2009, 12:49pm, a 3 year struggle with cancer ends..."
nrus007
Years of Service
User Offline
Perhaps I should stop playing timesplitters...
Thanks for the info anyway I guess I'll start by trying to make the best game I can with the tools possible
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 23:16
allow me to help.

1 bots are as simple as guys with as much health as you, and a respawn
give them a script like Main: home or chase and Shoot: cover or strafe

2 go ahead, make a story, then get your hands slightly dirty with the script to show different win screens based upon how you beat the game. these are trophies (hint, bots or smart ai can only be used in single player, so maybe make a button to link to a single player game with smart ai)

3.re name the characters in multiplayers to tell the user their starting weapons.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:25:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:25:44