Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Checklists

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Can any one help me I need help when creating a checklist for limbs, I don't no how i can view the list. Also i looked at the comands needed to do it but I cant get my head round it .
sorry for the nooby question.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 22:45
There are two methods in the GDK.

The obvious one is to use the dbCheckList* commands (listed under 'system' in the help files).

The less obvious one is to include the globstruct.h and access the values directly. The globstruct has the following items included:

The checklist variable is a pointer to an array of GlobCheclistStruct items containing the data - the definition of that structure is also in globstruct.h near the top.

robster
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks but does this show the list when I debug becuase i have tryed this out but it doesn't show the list. thanks in advance
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2009 18:59
Don't know what you are doing wrong - you didn't post any code.

However, here's a quick 2 minute example:

robster
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok here is some code that i made using your example it still will not work though, how ever i am quite new at doing this kind of thing so it may be very wrong.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2009 19:42
If the limbs have not been named then it will appear as if nothing has been displayed. If you post your object or an example object, I can take a look at it.

robster
Years of Service
User Offline
here is my object its a bit rubbishy but its only a try out by the way thanks for your help.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
IanM, in 3dws there are different "variables" you can use by pressing shift enter (keyvalues), how would I access them from my limbs ingame? sorry for hijacking thread, just curious.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2009 23:45
Rather than continue to hijack robster's thread, open your own and we'll try to deal with it there.

@robster,
Using your code and your object I get names displayed.

Did you load the object using an ID of 30, as per your dbPerformCheckListForObjectLimbs function call?

sydbod
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 01:00
Sorry to butt in for a moment IanM,

Here is a full "Main.CPP" for robster, based on your code fragment.

It will display the model and produce the list.
If the model does not show, then you obviously have not loaded it properly (ie: maybe in wrong directory)

Just change the "dbLoadObject ( "L-Tank.x", 30 );" to match your model.
Make sure your model is in the same folder as your source files.

@IanM, Thanks for that code fragment.... I was also looking for a solution for this exact problem myself.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 18:52
Quote: "Sorry to butt in for a moment IanM"

The more, the merrier

TBH, there is actually a third way to get the names for limbs - it's more efficient but there's a lot more to understand and know about to get it to work, and I'm not prepared to go there just yet.

Showing how to access a checklist also has a wider ranging appeal, so we'll stick to that for now.

robster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 19:01 Edited at: 5th Mar 2009 19:35
AhHa, thanks alot for all your help i'm getting the list now. I no were I went wrong from your code IanM I thought I had to make a new ID for the checklist not use my objects one, a bit of a stupid mistake.

I'm sure that this must be getting annoying now but i'm getting the list but what does it meen sorry if this is a bit of a simple question.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 20:14
Quote: "I thought I had to make a new ID for the checklist not use my objects one"

There's only one checklist, so building a checklist for a new object will remove and replace the previous checklist - at this point, you have to ensure that you were finished with the last checklist.

Quote: "but i'm getting the list but what does it meen"

What do limb names mean? The limb names are simply names assigned either by you or the program that created the model.

As an example, for a 3DWS model, the limb name is used to hold various variables assigned to the limb.

robster
Years of Service
User Offline
ya i'm ok now thanks fo all your help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 19:22:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 19:22:16