Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Just got FL studio, wanted to show some early work.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2009 02:51 Edited at: 4th Mar 2009 02:52
Ok, so i just got the $99 version of FL studio yesterday, and I absolutely LOVE IT.
I've been messing around with it since I got home from classes and here's what I made. (See attached file)
Its just the beginning of the music, and I still have to finish it. I just wanted to see what people thought, and I'll post more as I make more.
Any comments and/or criticism would be appreciated.
(please listen to the whole thing before commenting. It takes a second to get started.)

If the good lord had intended us to go outside or have a social life, he wouldn't have invented the internet.
www.threeswordsproductions.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 07:30
Well it's *very* simplistic but it's a decent start for sure. I'd encourage you to listen to some pro songs that are in the genre you're going for, and try to engineer your song to match their style. Obviously don't plagiarize the melody, but there's a lot you can learn from trying to figure out how the pros do their technical stuff.

You should post once you've made some more progress for sure

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 14:28
I'm kinda in the same boat Omega, it's an amazing package that has gotten better and better over the years, it's fairly easy to get going, and arranging tracks is actually fun which must be unique to FLS.

The bit that is beyond me is all the extras you have to know, like the effects, plugins, and the more complex instruments. It's as if they are hoping that by the time you learn enough to want to use that stuff, you'll already know how it all works . You can do some crazy things with it, like vocoders and professional studio style processing. Maybe I need to trudge through YouTube for tutorials, there's a lot of them, so much more beneficial to watch someone with skills mess around with the advanced stuff.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 18:38
Thanks for the responses.
Yeah, I was going for simplicity in this one, since it was my first try and all. I've done a couple more, and I'll post them later today if I get the chance.

If the good lord had intended us to go outside or have a social life, he wouldn't have invented the internet.
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2009 18:31 Edited at: 6th Mar 2009 18:32
Hey, here's a couple more I've been working on.
ones part of a rock-ish song, the other is just an awesome bass line.

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2009 19:10
Try uploading again, it seems corrupted.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2009 20:04
OH! Woopsies, I'll re-upload it.

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 21:03
Has anyone listened to those yet?

Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2009 01:39
Definitely needs work. The notes in the first song (wasn't able to listen to your 2nd offering) seem almost like they were random?

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2009 02:30
Hmm, I cant download the one you just uploaded, it seems to be toast.

You have the right to remain silent.
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2009 04:22
Again? dang it... I'll get it fixed... WTF at upload failures?

Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Just going to have to disagree with Jeku a bit here

If your just getting started I would recommend getting your favorite tracks and try recreating them, get as close as you can, that way you will get an understanding of how to contruct certain sounds and you will learn how certain things fit together while at the same time learning the best ways to use your tools.

Good luck with the adventure.

Dan

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2009 01:00
^^^ That's pretty much what I said, so you're actually agreeing with me. I said not to plagiarize if he plans on releasing the music, but in order to learn the techniques the pros use he should try to imitate their technicals.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:05:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:05:42