Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / joing and hosting multiplayer game help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 00:47
hi I have made this map and I wanted to test it with my bro and when I host a game and he joins it it just keeps saying on his waiting to join and when we both joined one that had no one in it it did the same thing and then when he hosted one I could join and we could both play and I want to know how to make it so that when I host people can join and play any help?

don't make me use this... oooh shiny
Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 18:16 Edited at: 5th Mar 2009 18:17
try this for now, if it doesn't work it's gotta be something with your firewall or router.

...........(o o)........
--oooO--(_)--Oooo---

Attachments

Login to view attachments
surpy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2009 01:48
ty I think that was my problem

don't make me use this... oooh shiny
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2009 03:43
Nope! Not your problem!!! I have run into this similar problem, it is not your router!

Say for instance you build a multiplayer game and place it on your desktop, now I you run that game on your desktop (to test it out), then give the same game you just used to someone else and try to join, it won't. No matter how many times you try it won't work!

So, to avoid this problem, build a game, test it out to make sure everything is working properly. Then, delete that game. Rebuuild the same game (after making changes), BUT DON"T USE IT AT ALL. Distribute that fresh game to all the people you want to play against, you use your own copy of the game.

So basically, distribute fresh games, and you use whatever one you want.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, just email me or post back.

MODS you might want to sticky this....

"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 03:29:20
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 03:29:20