Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Dropship ideas and how to do them

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2009 00:29 Edited at: 6th Mar 2009 00:40
THESE ARE IDEAS I NEED HELP ON, NOT HOW TO MAKE THEM HAPPEN

I have some plans for CosmicProphet's dropship in his free sifi pack, but i don't know exactly how to do them.

1. I want to make it follow a waypoint set above the stage and stay facing the direction in which it's traveling, so it will be circling above the level.

2. I want to make it so the dropship is static up above the player (that's easy enough) and have another entity (a barrel or something idk) start falling from right below it and when it hits the ground expole, the simulate it dropping bombs on the character.

3. Lastly, I want to make it so once the character reaches an area, the dropship will appear angled towards the ground, give it forward motion, and have it explode once it hits the ground (to simulate the ship getting shot down and crashing) and also if it's at all possible, have it be on fire and leave a smoke trail.

Well, if anyone knows how to make any of these things happen, I would love to know. I believe the dropship has great potential in my future levels
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2009 00:42
The first one should be easy. Look at the follow script. I did this with a helicopter, setting nogravity is required I believe. There are some tricks you have to do to keep the player from being able to cause it to fall by shooting at it, but I can't remember what exactly I did. I do know that I didn't make it a character, and when it got to the end of the waypoints I had it spawn enemies on the side opposite to the player, and then leave (I can't remember if I simply had it reverse or used some other method). A similar method could work for dropping bombs.

If given a script to remain invisible until activated, the helicopter/dropship may be able to use activatenearest or whatever it is to trigger them. As for your third request, I think you may have to animate it to produce a convincing effect.Smoke/fire should be possible with decals, and a separate object or two could handle the explosion (triggered decals or objects rigged to explode when activated).

Scorple
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I guess I can try, but uh... I have almost no understanding of trigger zones
Scorple
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I have a follow script under people, will that work for my first idea and allow the entity to rotate?
X10 User
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i have literally just had this working myself and came online to see if anyone else was working on it

i took the hornet model from fpsfiles but i just wanted it to go in a straight line over the players head so i didnt bother with the waypoints althouh when i set my humvee following them it rotated like the characters do but you have to edit the fpe file

all i did was set a spawn velocity with appearnogravity as its init fpip, change spawn angle so it was level and when it spawns it goes shooting across the level, i then modelled some bombs in milkshape (check models and media section for the upload soon) and set the spawn at start to know, spawn life to 3 and and placed them 3 storeys up in the air inside a trigger zone, i gave the trigger zone zoneanyactivate.fpi as its aimain and set if used field to the name of the bomb and voila

when my plane goes through it bombs spawn under it, down to the ground and explode

to achieve the death dive just have a certain invisible entity waiting (a copy of the original thats flying round) ready to spawn on command, set the angle to point down in its entity properties (0 seems to send it gradually downwards for me as it goes forwards, about 100 units forward for 20 units in height lost) set a timer so just as it hits the floor it destroys itself, or have some barrels there which again get triggered by another zoneanyactivate trigger zone as this detects entities within the zone, so the barrels spawn as the ship hits and explode right away (change the number in the spawn life field for diffrent delays in explosion) and dont forget to set them to dynamic, explodeable to yes and add a bit of extra weight never hurt hope that helps

- Why is everyone on here so rude? -

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 03:19:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 03:19:08