Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / problems with DarkGDK reference

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys me again...

apologies this time i have googled and searched the forums but to no avail...

I have installed DarkGDK.net and updated my directx etc but now when i start my new project the compiler states that it cannot find DarkGDK reference... i can't find the file anywhere and i was wondering if i can get a copy somewhere?? or if i missing something obvious as always any help is appreciated

many thanks

AJ

He Who Dares Wins
The Legend That Is
Years of Service
User Offline
Any help...

He Who Dares Wins
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 23:22
Hi there, sorry for delaying my replies. Can you let me know if you have uninstalled, and re-installed the toolkit to see if this has resolved the problem?

Also, if your project has lost the references, you need to bring up the References tab under your Project Properties and reassign the references to your project. If you've created your project from the initial DarkGDK.NET template as described in the tutorials, you will need to reference the DarkGDK, DGDKLib and DGDKPlugins entries. To do this, click on the 'Add Reference' button, and make sure that you add the three entries from the .NET tab of the References dialog box.

I hope this helps you out, but if you're still having problems, let me know.

Paul.

The Legend That Is
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi paul no problem i imagine you guys are busy!! Thanks for getting back to me apologies if i sounded impatient. Yes i did try re-installing to see if it would solve the problem to no avail.

I have used C# alot in the past and have tried add the references to the project but the files itself either have no installed or they are not where they should be. the assembly file exist in my windows folder but the dll files are no where to be found?

darkGDK lib is fine and has added no problem it is just the striaght DarGDK that seems to be absent??

any ideas?

many thanks

AJ

He Who Dares Wins
The Legend That Is
Years of Service
User Offline
There is only one file i have managed to find and that is under the COM tab of the references window and the file is DarkGDK 1.1 type library

He Who Dares Wins
Yoda Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2009 17:09
Excuse me for this silly question, if it is: Have you searched in the G.A.C. folder?

Fear leads to anger
Anger leads to hate
Hate leads to suffering
The Legend That Is
Years of Service
User Offline
Only if this is a silly question, what is the G.A.C folder?

He Who Dares Wins
Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2009 23:30
C:\Windows\assembly

Its where you can put .NET dll's instead of having them in the application folder.

Niels Henriksen
www.tales-of-the-realms.com
if Microsoft can sell software with bugs, so can I.
The Legend That Is
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh yea, i have never heard it called the G.A.C before? what does that stand for??

anyway yes the three assembly files (DarkGDK, DarkGDKlib and GDK plugins) are present in there but i cant seems to access them??

He Who Dares Wins
Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2009 08:06
Global Assemly Cache

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Assembly_Cache

Niels Henriksen
www.tales-of-the-realms.com
if Microsoft can sell software with bugs, so can I.
The Legend That Is
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for that, unfortunately it has not helped the primary problem of accessing the main DarkGDK assembly reference??

any other ideas??

AJ

He Who Dares Wins
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2009 13:41 Edited at: 12th Mar 2009 13:43
The Legend, the reason that you may not be able to see the files in the Add References dialog, is because although the files are installed correctly into the Global Assembly Cache, the files must also exist in a sub folder of where your Visual Studio installation exists. This folder, by default, is located at the following path:

"C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common/IDE/PublicAssemblies"

Now if your Visual Studio installation is located in a different folder on your system, you will need to move the files as described above, into the same relative folder "Common/IDE/PublicAssemblies" of your Visual Studio installation.

Once moved, you should see the three files under the .NET tab of the References dialog.

Paul.

The Legend That Is
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much for your help!! got it working for some reason even though i am using 2008 for some reason it was working from the studio 8 folder!! stupid problem. once i moved the files to the appropriate folder it works

thanks again for your patience

AJ

He Who Dares Wins
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 03:20
Holy Cow! I've been struggling with this problem since I installed DarkGDK.NET this morning. After reading The Legend's problem the fix dawned on me. The relative path to my PublicAssemblies folder is:

Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies

But for whatever reason the DLLs do not expect a "7" to be at the end of the "Common7" folders name. Creating a new set of folders under my Visual Studios installation folder solved the problem when I copied over the files. The new path I have is:

Common\IDE\PublicAssemblies\*DarkGDK DLL files*

Coolness, now I can compilez t3h c0d3z!!

Mountain Dew, happiness in a bottle.
VB and GDK
Years of Service
User Offline
I had the same problem, if you go to project>show all files then go to the solution browser and go to refrences, delete the 3 dark gdk 1's. then right click on refrences, select all of the darkgdk 1's that you deleted and press enter. All done

Young Coder as work(VB)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:31:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:31:50