Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Entitys Following Waypoints ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How do you make entitys follow waypoint? And I don't mean characters, I mean like regular entitys like a box or a train car or the humvee or the gunship, stuff like that.
dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2009 22:23
There are many topics regarding this subject, but I'll save you the trouble. Making entities follow waypoints is impossible, from what I know.

But if you turn the entities into characters, it should work fine (although waypoints are very buggy). Go into the entity's FPE and change/add the line:

ischarater = 1

Best of luck!

Scorple
Years of Service
User Offline
Huh... well that sucks... If I make it a character though, will it still be able to move upward with lack of steps? Cuzz I was going to use it to make a gunship take off and fly away.
dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2009 23:24
Possibly with waypoints, but it'd be tricky. It would look better if you actually animated the gunship taking off, but waypoints are worth a shot.

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys, yeah I just made a thread about this same topic. Didn't see this one.
Thanks Dumpus for the tip. I was unsure what the problem was.

I also wanted to direct a entity via a waypoint. On a flat ground segment the way-point worked fine. When I increased the height of the way-point, it stoped working. Thanks anyway, I shall have to give it a try, or the object will be stationary instead as I have yet to learn how to animate.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
So far I have not been able to get "ischaracter=1" to work as far as getting a non-character to follow waypoints.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 01:22:12
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 01:22:12