Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Make your own 3D-3D games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
For those that don't know, this is interesting. I just recently found out that a company called IZ3D, who makes 3D monitors and glasses, released drivers for regular monitors. It works on pretty much every game because of the way it is coded. All you need are the drivers(free) and an old school pair of 3D glasses, those red/cyan ones. These might cost you a couple of bucks unless you just happen to have some lying around, or you could just make them.

When I found this out, I downloaded the drivers and had to hunt for a pair of the glasses. I went to my local bookstore and found a kids book that had a pair and only had to pay 4 bucks. A good way to get them, but you can order them online as well.

Now finally to my point, you can use them on your own FPS created games. I tested it and it even works when you are testing your level. Although I did notice a considerable frame rate drop, but that could have been because I was in test mode and not a build game. I do not have a built game yet to test it. Also, if you were to make it as a 3D game others would have to own the drivers and the glasses as well. Still, I thought it was pretty cool.

You can check out IZ3D's website here:
www.iz3d.com
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2009 21:40
Check out the recent newsletters, this stuff is embedded in DB Pro now (and hence, you can mod FPSC).

Doing it via DB Pro, you'll get the 3D effect in the game engine itself, rather than as a bolt-on (I am guessing that the drivers intercept the DirectX output). That should give you better performance, and the parameters can be tweaked to give the best output possible.

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2009 22:18
that sounds cool, i might just have to try it out but one question,
can you disable / enable it once is installed?

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2009 00:11
Theres a command which you use to add stereoscopics, it doesn't automatically add this effect, you have to tell it to each time.

FireBASIC - The Heart of Great Programming - http://firebasic.ablazegaming.co.uk
Diablos Bud
Years of Service
User Offline
Wizzkid: Do you mean an FPI scripting command or a DarkBasic command? If you mean a scripting command could you please post it, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Diabolic Soft, a name that will be placed in all of the games I produce.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2009 07:38
It is a DBP command. Lee or a modder would need to implement into FPSC. I'm guessing if it was implemented into FPSC it would be a setup.ini option rather and an FPI command.

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:29:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:29:17