Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / What did I miss? {lock if you wish}

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 01:05
It's been less than a month of lazying around, being bored, and I decided to (once again) come back. The Source engine wasn't of much sucess and I gave up, unfortunately.

I'm just saying hello to yinz and wanted to know what I missed over 3/4 of a month. And just to air this out, I may be working on a new game once I get FPSC and the model packs installed plus v1.14.

So hello, again....

~Private
gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 01:11
hello, again

i tried source too but didn't like it as much as fpsc. just to announce that. im going to try making something with fpsc and dark gdk!

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 01:19
Hardly surprising you suddenly remembered you already own the best first person shooter game engine around.

Valve's tools are exactly as used in house and not designed for the general public to go ahead and make their own games with. I guess you didn't read the following:

The Source SDK tools are criticised for being outdated and difficult to use. A large number of the tools, including those for texture and model compilation, require varying levels of text-editor scripting from the user before they are executed at the command line with sometimes quite lengthy console commands. This obtuseness was cited by the University of London when they moved their exploration of professional architectural visualisation in computer games to Bethesda Softworks' Gamebryo-based Oblivion engine after a brief period with Source. Third-party tools provide GUIs, but are not supported by Valve.

Sounds great. LOL

At least now you realise the time you've wasted and can get back into some serious game development.
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 02:26
HOLY CRAP! I thought you were never going to come back!

You didnt really miss anything though.

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 02:32 Edited at: 10th Mar 2009 02:35
Quote: "You didnt really miss anything though."

Actually, he did miss this...http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=82834&b=21

Just kidding with ya!

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 02:38
Hahaha, I know the rules. I actually read them before I joined.

And Nomad, like everyone else was saying, FPSC isn't the best of the best. It's good, but it's safe to say that when v2 is released, you can call it the best engine ever.

~Private
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 02:48 Edited at: 10th Mar 2009 02:49
Quote: "
And Nomad, like everyone else was saying, FPSC isn't the best of the best. It's good, but it's safe to say that when v2 is released, you can call it the best engine ever."

I still disagree!

The best engine, would be when I type COD it would make me a replica of Call of Duty. lol

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 03:06
Quote: "The best engine, would be when I type COD it would make me a replica of Call of Duty"

Why not take it step further? I mean, why make the game at all? What about something that makes you think you just played the best game of all time, and you have all the memories... like ReCall,ReCall,ReCall.

Best.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 03:06
Oh, so it's T3DGM? j/k

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:27:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:27:37