Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / about contests

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2009 02:40
i think that this whole contest thing is out of control.
there is about 5 contests going on all the time and im finding it ridicules to search the forums with out the cool new contest spam.
i think that it would be great if there was a contest section of the forums or at least a better regulated way of doing things, but then again thats my opinion.

un-banned. ADD ME ON
XBOX LIVE!
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2009 02:46
Hey...not a bad idea... I actually kinda like it! I think there should be some regulations and maybe even a board!

"March 1st 2009, 12:49pm, a 3 year struggle with cancer ends..."
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 13th Mar 2009 02:51
It's good to see so many people involved and taking part - working on their skills. A little competition is a good thing.

I think a contest section would be a little overkill, probably abused, and just make more work for the MOD's, but "a better regulated way of doing things" sounds interesting. I know they do watch and allow only so many at a time, and only by those who have been here a while and proven their ability to run it, but I don't know of any hard and fast rules.

Best.

outlaw241
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 01:04 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2009 01:04
Quote: "It's good to see so many people involved and taking part - working on their skills. A little competition is a good thing."

yeah exactly but there is such a thing as too much.

then you have to ask yourself where to draw the line...

ohh and a rules tread would be amazing

un-banned. ADD ME ON
XBOX LIVE!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 01:14 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2009 01:15
I dont agree, i follow xplosys it wont work no one will follow rules like that and a forum wont work either contests are all good and if people want to post them let them be.

OTHER NEWS========================
==================================

I am planning to host the Biggest FPSC X9/X9 modded/X10 contest very soon with many professional artists such as EAI contributing to prizes and 3 TGC items up for grabs. Maybe even a free UK domain+hosting for 2 years (still deciding)

If anyone else is planning a contest let me know when for this one will hopefully run when others are not and will start in May hopefully so look forward to that it will be huge.

Tom J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 01:30
lol, you guys are like the opposite to the DB programming boards when it comes to frequency of competitions, which in its way is good, the nVidia competition really raised the bar for game dev quality (or at least in DB)

Firstly, a competitions board is just an incentive to create even more contests than at present, all at once There's plenty to keep users occupied by the looks of things, someone here said he was entering 7 or so of them.

If you want to keep future competitions organized then why not just add a tag like [fpsc competition] on the front so that when somebody searches using that tag, all the competitions come up... you could easily stick the end date in the title too. Thats the sort of regulation that was mentioned that you could be aiming for.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:25:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:25:25