Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I got the bazooka blues...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im working on using fpsc for a side scrolling shooter like r type, i got everything sorted and working except the goddamn bazooka

since teh other weapons dont seem to deal damage entity on entity, im using projectile weapons, but when the entity is above the players level the shots angle downwards, when below the player they angle upwards! they only fly horizontal on the same level, i checked the gunspec and the launch.fpi to see if theres a solution to this, any ideas?

if i cant get the rounds to fly horizontal its dead in the water as a concept...

- Why is everyone on here so rude? -
X10 User
Years of Service
User Offline
never mind m79 works just as well

Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2009 21:10
please think of everything you can before posting pointless threads

Not in cruelty, Not in wrath The Reaper came today;
An Angel visited this gray path And took the cube away.
X10 User
Years of Service
User Offline
I didnt think of the m79 before i posted the thread or i wouldnt have done did you fail to notice 6 hours passed between my posts? 6 hours of me sitting here wrestling with fpsc trying to get something that would work, so if someone had gave me a suggestion within that 6 hours you wouldnt be calling it pointless would you?

And additionally it doesnt mean someone cant still offer a solution to using the bazooka, so how is it pointless?

If you have nothing constructive to say, then dont say anything.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2009 05:28
You spent six hours trying to fix this? Wow.

Quote: "If you have nothing constructive to say, then dont say anything."

You should've tried all flak weapons before posting this, mate.

Yinzes better redd up this room and I'll buy us some jumbo.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you have nothing constructive to say, then dont say anything"

That's true Private and Ocho Geek - I thought that was a rule of the board now. And still doesn't solve his bazooka problem.

By the way, I'm aware of the irony of me posting a non-constructive post in order to decry yours, so don't bother pointing that out.

lol, epic, wtf, omg, rofl, all your base are belong to us

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2009 12:09 Edited at: 14th Mar 2009 12:11
There's something in the code that causes the AI to cheat their point of aim up or down depending on player height. This happens even if they are not aiming at you.

For example, I have a script where the AI just shoots straight ahead so that I can take screenshots with weapons in their hands. However, if I crouch they will shoot lower and hit the ground, hurting themselves with splash damage.

So, I'm not really sure if you will be able to get 100% horizontal shots.

BTW, you need to set flak arcing behavior in the flakspec, not the gunspec or AI script.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2009 14:46
@ EAI: Whenever I was above the enemy, they didn't point their guns up at me. They just point straight ahead while shooting.

Yinzes better redd up this room and I'll buy us some jumbo.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
They don't change where they are pointing animation-wise. However, the flak trajectory is slightly cheated up or down depending on the player. I suppose I could have said point-of-impact rather than point-of-aim

Best way to see it in action is to assign the following script (modified from a mock ally script by xplosys) to an enemy, give them a flat trajectory flak weapon and stand behind them. Note that they shoot straight but if you crouch they shoot towards the ground.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 16th Mar 2009 23:14
swearing is NOT allowed, and unless you did not read the stickies, you know that.

It is well that war is so terrible or we should grow too fond of it- Robert E Lee

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:30:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:30:18