Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone,
reading my FPSC manual specific to "10.3. Differences between Arena and Single Player

Only one level per arena executable"

Now does this mean I cannot go down to 0 level and above to greater than 5 or the start level. Or does it mean you are allowed 1 level no down or up. More simply is the entire 40x40 grid 0 down to let's say 10 up considered the level.

Thanks
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2009 19:24
Hard to explain, but I'll give it a shot.

A level consists of one map file that can contain 1 or multiple floors, numbered 0 to x. A level is akin to a building. A building can have a single or multiple floors, but is self-contained. A level is the same thing. It can have a single floor or multiple floors, but is self-contained in one map file.

Say you are creating a game, and you want the player to move through 4 different areas. Say, for example, area 1 is an entrance hallway, a pit that the player may avoid, a few rooms, and the roof of a building. You'd create all of these in 1 map file, even though you have multiple floors. This is considered to be 1 level.

To answer your question above, arena play may only consist of 1 level. However, that level may contain multiple rooms and floors, numbered from floor 0 to however high FPSC allows you to go. And the entire 40x40 grid is available, so you could potentially have 20 floors, each one covering the 40x40 grid, in one single level.
Sn00ze
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Leon, I understand it now, I made a simple 3 tier multi and tested going up and down levels. It does seem a little misleading when you read that paragraph in the manual, partly because I have never played FPS games or made any mods.
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2009 02:29
Yeah it could do with a jargon buster or something.

[center]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:24:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:24:26