Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello guys this is my problem. i can't change te ambience light level. its always set to 65. i want to make a no light lv just with stactic and dnamic lighs but th ambience lv won't go down. does anyone know hw to fix this

"This time you walk." ever thought why companies that make fps are always so good? it's because they have about 100 to 10000 people working on a single game. ever got that many?
The Rickster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2009 10:06
I had this problem, I even went into the main scipt of it and still couldn't get it to work out, now I am hoping it works for you like it did me but I made a copy of the setuplvel.fpi
(for me its located in c:/programfiles/thegamecreators/FPScreator/files/languagebank/english/gamebank/templateoriginal) and make sure to make a copy of setuplevel.fpi..
I would add it to a folder named backup or something of the sort, then I edited it with notepad and if you scroll through you will find the same numbers (ambience 25 ect.) I made it what I wanted and then saved the new edited version of setuplevel.fpi in the templateoriginal folder. When I started up fpsc it still was trying to revert back until I tried hitting enter after each time of editing the ambience ect.
best bet try hitting enter right after you change the number to what you want. if that doesn't work THEN try what i explained.. (also i would wait for a another post or two from people who have been around longer than myself, I am fairly new to FPSC and I don't want to mess anything up for you, good luck hope everything works for you

"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living."
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2009 14:50
Happened to me too. U hav to set the number, then click on something else. If the number changes back, keep repeated the process. Hope this helps!

A single drop of water can mean a drained ocean for future generations
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Set the number, press the return key, and then press ok.
madmaz
Years of Service
User Offline
Great it works now thx rick. i never would have thoght of doing that. er thx to the rest of you guys even thought your did not work i am still glad you tried to help

The Winner has arrived. It's not me it's you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:32:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:32:06