Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Reflection techniques

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2009 20:28
Hi there,
I'm sort of new to Dark GDK, familiar, but still very much a n00b =P. Treat me as if I know nothing, because, in this instance, I clearly dont =P

And here's the picture I'm trying to texture.

This started out as remembering how to use dark GDK's inbuilt reflection shader and motion elements (dbTurnObjectLeft/Right etc.), and see that it works immensely well with little effort.

My problem, however, is with applying a texture to my skysphere behind it - it renders fine, but seems to only do so around the middle of it - the top and bottom.

I've noticed in the skysphere's included with dark GDK / dark matter 1, that they have a bitmap and 6 dds files, which I have tried and failed to use in any combination that makes sense to me...

Some help would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this info is already up on another thread.

Dharq

--------------
So Endeth What Was Begotten From That Moste Darkest and Forgotten Of Times...
G0DL355
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2009 14:21
Hey - figured out this isn't anything to do with the skysphere...

I realize now it's to do with the reflection technique, as, from reading from people who've had similar issues, the dbSetReflectionShadingOn command only works in the same way as a mirror in the bathroom would do, and, as a shader in it's own right, is pretty much unalterable without learning HLSL or Assembly.

So, I've tried to run the thing using two different camera's, as is shown below +)
*forgiv teh nuub - he knows not what he does...*

I thought that having a camera set inside an exact copy of the skysphere, and rotating it in the same manner, whilst displaying the results as an image would work, but, as in the image below, all that happens is it textures the rotating cube white, and mis-renders the 'reflection'.

I'll keep looking for a solution to this, but, could a moderator change the name of this to 'Reflection techniques' or something like that please?
Dont want others to think this is a solution to their problems...

Thanks in advance,
G0DL355

--------------
G0DL355
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 14:53
Bump - please!

--------------
G0DL355
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 16:55
Could someone just explain to me the right code to get some kind of reflective 3D surface?

If I manage to get it working, I'll post the code here, and in the codebase.

Thanks in advance,

G0DL355

--------------

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 21:21:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 21:21:30