Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Fireloop help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2009 05:17
Hi,
I'm currently working on a multiplayer game, and I want to use the scifi blaster as a starting weapon. I want to change it so you just hold down the mouse to fire as if you were clicking it over and over. I ran into a problem, the soundloop doesn't go any lower, so it still fires way too fast for a pistol, any ideas?

Here's my gunspec for the blaster:

"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives"
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2009 06:02
Put firerate=X in there. X being the number of frames between shot times 2. For example, 12 is default. To make it fire slower, try something like 16, 24, etc.

Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2009 06:27
Yea, I got that but the sound is off (too fast)

"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives"
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Add some silence/dead air to the end of fire.wav. I don't think that super high fireloop value helps you out either. I think about 15000 or so is as high as you can go without having problems.
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2009 22:37
Ok, I got it down, the animation, sound and firerate are in perfect syncronization, but, when I fire just one shot, there is no sound! What do I do now!?

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Did you add the delay to the beginning of the sound or to the end of it? Depending on the version of FPSC you are using, there may be a bug causing the sound to stop playing as soon as the start fire animation completes (even if the .wav has not finished). You might be able to add a soundframe manually calling the fire sound instead of relying on the engine to play it.
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2009 05:49
I added the silence to the end of the file, and just to clarify, it's not after the clip is finished when the sound doesn't play, its only when you just click the mouse (1 shot) Hope I didn't confuse you more

Oh and great chainsaw BTW

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:32:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:32:50