Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Automation server can't create object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have installed Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition. I have also installed DirectX9 SDK and Dark GDK. When I try to create a new project by left-clicking "File", then highlighting "New", then left-clicking "Project...", then left-clicking "Wizards", then left-clicking "Dark GDK - Game", "Dark GDK - 2D Game", or "Dark GDK - 3D Game, and then left-clicking "OK", I get a message saying: "Automation server can't create object". I don't know how to solve this problem.

The operating system that I am using is Microsoft Windows XP. All three programs (Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, DirectX9 SDK, and Dark GDK) I have installed on the same day. I installed Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition first. DirectX9 SDK I was in fact installed second. Dark GDK was installed third. I already tried uninstalling DirectX9 SDK and Dark GDK and then reinstalling them in the same correct order. I have done the reinstalling two to three times I believe.

Please. If you have any suggestions on what I should do to solve this problem, please tell me.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DaddyJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Did you start Visual Studio at least once before installing Dark GDK?

It needs to complete initial setup first.
WH8
Years of Service
User Offline
I did. The problem actually occurs not only hen I try to create a Dark GDK prject. It happens when I try to create a few other projects as well. These projects include: Empty projects. The problem is actually due to Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition... This does bring up the following question: "If the problem is caused by Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and not Dark GDK, then why are you (this would be me, WH8) here in the Dark GDK forum?"

Is anyone able to solve this problem? If not, can someone tell me what files are inside the folder of all projects created by Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition (this includes Dark GDK projects). Since it says: "Automation server can't create object", I would like to try and create the object manually. Is anyone able to provide the steps to do so? If so, please ensure that the steps are clear.
WH8
Years of Service
User Offline
Ohhhhhh!!!!! I have found the solution to the problem! The credit goes to Rockman_. You can find what he said using the following link:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressvc/thread/6c5b3c2a-d3da-432c-b304-be90b802e29b/

Here is how you solve the problem:

1.) Left-click the Start button.

2.) Left-click Run....

3.) Type: cmd

4.) Left-click OK.

5.) Type: cd\

6.) Press the Enter key.

7.) Type: cd windows

8.) Press the Enter key.

9.) Type: cd system32

10.) Press the Enter key.

11.) Type: regsvr32 scrrun.dll