Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / What do you think?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2003 18:57 Edited at: 7th Aug 2003 20:11
Ok.. here is my first public release. Tell me what do you think about this. there is no textures yet and it's little buggy but it works
and if you guys have any good ideas for the game please tell me.
http://www.geocities.com/ghillien03/index
try to talk to pixie.

movement:
arrowkeys
mouse
mouse2 to jump

-Arc

"What did you say? I weren't listenig.."
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2003 00:01
loved it, shows good potential!!
Did you do all the modeling yourself as well? The models were pretty fine, even more so that fairy chick The animation felt a little strange at times (timing errors i belive, maybe make the inital jump animation a little faster?) but it was generally all good. Jumping on the switch to make the stairs come out was good, the start of a nice little trigger system im hoping which will lead to some nice level designs ^_^
Not sure quite what the game would actually be.. objective wise etc.. but im sure you can think of something ^^ the (kangeroo?) holding a gun kinda reminds me of a conkers bad fur day type game XD

Possiable problems found:

Once, whilst on top of the main block with the fairy, the character wouldnt stop doing constant little hops. I tapped forward and it slowed a little, walked around in a circle and then stopped and it was fine - weird

hehe.. the fairy.. when i went right upto her, she seemed to lay down.. not a bug.. but well, a fairy laid down and my kangeroo bouncing up and down on top looked rather suspect

And then just the animation thing i mentioned before, something didnt feel right, not fluid enough, moving at the same speed whilst his feet were just coming down or taking off or somat like that - unfortunatly im not an animation expert so i cant really pin point the exact problem.

I hope to see this devloped more, models textured and some intresting levels (maybe a story too) knocked up - this shows promise

Good luck mate.

p4 2.4ghz, 256ddr ram, Geforce4 MX 440
Innovate, redefine, recreate whats in your mind. It isnt fate, you decide, only you can cross that line.
M00NSHiNE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2003 00:45
The thing as a whole looks good - very smooth and it has potential.

I noticed the fairy lie down - thats coz shes looking at the player at all times. Problem is when you jump she looks right up - not just her head the whole body-and lies down. I think you can fix this by not pointing her to the player's y coordinate, or if your clever somehow get just her head to look up.

Apart from the niggling animation problem, and the weird bug where mr kangaroo hops while colliding with miss fairy, its fairly solid and looks very promising.

Good luck and keep at it!

"It's amazin' what you can do with a computer and access to t'internet"
Falelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2003 01:52
works well 90+ FPS most 98+

could be a great platform game.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2003 04:20
Good start you have.

Only bug I noticed (other than the ones mentioned above), was that I was able to climb over the outer fence by just pressing against it. My charcter would then slowly rise, and then I could hop out. Well, I dunno if that's a bug, or me just trying to hop over the fence.

Like mentioned before, this could be a great platformer.
(reminds me of Croc a little)

Website 50% done (May be out by mid-end August)
Arc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2003 12:08 Edited at: 8th Aug 2003 12:09
Thanks guys (and possible girls ). there really were some bugs. that animation bug, no problem but that collision prob that yellow said is bad bad thing.. and really it is kangeroo . That gun will not be there, i just hope i get that modelling program back (formatted my c: driver, and there were all of my programs, only my games and db programs saved ). "works well 90+ FPS most 98+" falelorn said, ok there is frame limit because it would be TOO fast on my own comp (Athlon xp 2200+, Radeon 9000(128mb), AC'97 soundcard, matrox 40gb harddriver, etc) the limit is 115frames/sec but because of bug in DBP it gives 125f/s.

the "level" is made with "editor" this editor means:

dim level(32,32)
and LOTS of data commands

if someone wants to looka at it i can post it here. you can use it in any game you are within!! (map editor not the FULL source )

and ask me if there is anything you want to know!

Arc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2003 15:49
ok.. i got my modelling program today, and there is _no_ gun anymore (i think it was not good..) i made new running animation and hop animation too.. added player and fairy textures (and ugly rock text too). builded some more stuff to the level, scary black cave , few houses, lake and stuff like that.. few bugs repaired (the wall climbing bug, jumping bug etc..)

now i just need some good ideas and few months time and there it is

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:31:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:31:48