Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / coders adding to code base for game functions etc ....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2009 03:13
Hello all i hope this is the appropriate forum to post this. It does concern GDK so maybe thats ok.

I have some code i made up to display timer on screen complete with graphics etc. I am willing to post this if othera will post stuff also... Thr point of this is to create a foundation for folks to get free code that would be useful to make games.

There are many facets of game code that i am sure would be of benefit to us all if only people would offer it up for free....
Stuff like parallax scrolling for one which would be useful to many game coders. This code is almost impossible to find.
SO PLEASE GUYS lets get something going that could be of benefit to us all.

PS i know there is a forum for code but i have not managed to find the kind of meaty stuff that i believe would really be of use to us all.

Regards :- Steve

AMD Athlon64x2 3.1Ghz - Ram 4Gb DDR2 800Mhz - 500Gb HD
Ndivia 9600GT SLI - 24in LCD - WIN 7 - 64 bit BETA
silenus
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I am willing to post this if othera will post stuff also"

I did it alrerady:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=147146&b=6

Fell free to post your working code at <Code Snippets>

Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 23:36
Isn't that what the Code Snippets forum is designed for?

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
stevebrit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 07:15
Yes lilith thats what the code snippets are for. It seems you are missing my point here.....

There are Basic facets of games that are, can i say tools that can be used to fabricate games. My point is there should be some of those tools on the forum. To go back to my original post here.
Things like parallux scrolling that is in a from that has example graphics even if simple to show how it works and basic code also.
Maybe you just wont understand what i am saying here so does not matter. There are sites connected to other game making software that go into deeper detail regarding those basic tools i speak of. I dont see that on here and i think its a shame...

Well i guess i will get flamed to hell now but i know what i mean...

regards :- Steve

AMD Athlon64x2 3.1Ghz - Ram 4Gb DDR2 800Mhz - 500Gb HD
Ndivia 9600GT SLI - 24in LCD - WIN 7 - 64 bit BETA

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 21:38:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 21:38:01