Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Role Playing Game (RPG) Elements combined with FPS game.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2009 06:54
I know this subject has been mentioned before and looks like FPS Creator isn't geared toward RPGs. I was interested to see what it would take to combine RPS creator with Role Playing Games. I would code something to interface through Dark Basic rather than doing through scripting. I have made a RPG maker in VB6+TV3D that included a 3D scenery editor with a data table editor for all the RPG stuff. A few weeks ago, I posted on the DBPro forum about the subject of porting the whole thing over and concluded it was way too much work. Since FPS Creator does have a capable 3D scenery editor, it probably be better just to make something to edit RPG data and a Dark Basic program that mixes those elements inside the game. I used the database table approach to store all the RPG, but probably can go back to something more portable.
madmaz
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i am much better at FPSC than DBPro. well to tell the truth the only thing i can make on DBPro is a basic moving cube without any texture. I like the idea of the whole thing but it would take a lot of work. well if you do get anywhere make sure to warn people as it will be a big development in FPSC game making.

Good Luck

"This time you walk." ever thought why companies that make fps are always so good? it's because they have about 100 to 10000 people working on a single game. ever got that many?
PeteyM5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2009 06:23
What I would probably design is a plug in mod that works on top of FPSC, but have to check the FPSC abilities first. Does look like it does more that 90% of the stuff to do a RPG already. It does the key + lock door, multiple weapons, + monsters. Would have to see if all the monsters are treated as hostile so I can create friendly characters that you encounter through your adventure. Does it have anything where you can create a place where you can buy & sell weapons & armor? RPGs are normally more dialog oriented and is something else that has to be looked at.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:26:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:26:06